OPK question.

Tink_

Reaction score
Hey,

I feel a bit of a div asking this but it's never happened to me before so was just wondering if I could check it out.

I use the cheapie OPK tests and yesterday early afternoon I had a negative OPK but it was like nearly medium coloured compared to the control line. I didn't get a chance to test again until this afternoon and today both strips I used were completely negative - not even a faint line!

Does this mean I just missed the surge completely on the tests or something else?

Thank you xx

Did you test the day before yesterday? It almost seems like maybe it was positive before yesterday, and yesterday you caught it tapering off.

My surges always lasted 2 days. Unless you have a really short surge, you probably either ovulated earlier, or haven't yet. LH concentration varies naturally and depending on your hydration level. Keep testing and see what happens.

Thank you Purple. I hadn't tested the day before because the day before that had been completely negative so perhaps I did miss it. I'll definitely remember next month to do it every day just in case and will keep testing for a few days now to make sure.

I'm on CD 15 so it would make sense for it to have been around now, it just hadn't been at all for the last 8 months so this would be a really lovely change!I'll keep testing though :)

xx

Maybe you didn't miss it and it's still coming. After I went off BC it took me 10 months to get "regular", and when I did get regular my cycles were 35 days, ovulation happening on CD 21.

Hey Tink

So OPK is a funny one, I've had 1 proper positive OPK since June 13 and I use them everyday from day cd8 - 18 ( twice a day around suspected o).

Some people don't register a positive as described instead they go from one line to two (even if the 2nd line isn't darker). One of the ladies in another thread has this too. So we time bding every other day from cd8 - 16 and use the 2 lines to say yes or no. I've had blood tests done which confirm by cd21 I am ovulating.

The best way is to temp that way you'll see the temp dip which will show you (I couldn't temp as due to a tummy condition my temps are all over the place)

I hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"