OPK question

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
I'm on CD6 and today I took an OPK and it was almost positive. My guess is it will turn positive within the next 2/3 days. Will it continue to darken and turn positive or is it normal to get an almost positive but not actually ovulate until later? I have come off cerazette and had my first AF since starting which finished 2 days ago and going by previous cycles I shouldn't ovulate until CD14 but worried this may have changed now since being on cerazette. Anybody know whether the test means I will ov soon or if it's possible to be nothing?

You body can gear up to ovulate many times in your cycle without the outcome being ovulation. I would just keep an eye on it. However I would assume its just your body gearing up

Hi... I came off of exact same pill on 6th october. Sorry to say but my opks have been all over the place. I think my body tried to o and then doesn't. I had a 37 day cycle last month and am now on cycle day 14... Already had 4 days of solid smileys on clear blue :( xx

Hi! I am new to this forum, but I have a question about OPKs too. My DH and I have been TTC #2 for almost 3 years. A little over a year ago I started having a lot of issues - cycle was irregular and all over the place, wouldn't ovulate for months, cycle would go from light to extremely heavy and huge clots (TMI). OB/Gyn did all kinds of test - everything was normal. Decided to go in laparoscopically to look for endometriosis and he found nothing - said everything looked perfect - no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to have baby # 2. My husband works out of town and is gone 11-15 days at a time, so we figured that was a lot of it (not timing it up right). Because I have had months with no ovulation, OB put me on 50mg of clomid. I did 2 rounds on 50mg and levels were extremely low. He then put me on 100mg and I ovulated, but never got a BFP. I came off clomid for several months and just started back 100mg this cycle. I'm on CD15 and took the clomid on CD 3-7. According to my charts and the length of my cycle and clomid calculator, I am scheduled to ovulate from CD10-17. I had EWCM 2 days ago, which was CD13. DH and I BD on the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 27th and 28th (today). I did not take OPK on the 26th (day of EWCM) b/c I did not have a test - haven't tested in a while b/c we can only BD when he is home, so we just try as much as possible and b/c we are so tired of the BFN's. I didn't get the EWCM until late on the 26th, so I bought a test and tested this morning thinking it might still show positive. It was negative. Could it be I tested too late or not ovulated yet? I have been having extreme pelvic pain last night and all day today - almost as bad as labor. It has finally stopped. I have also been gassy, sore boobs and last night when we BD it was painful? Anyone experience this while taking Clomid? I've never had side effects like this in the past.

Hi! I am new to this forum, but I have a question about OPKs too. My DH and I have been TTC #2 for almost 3 years. A little over a year ago I started having a lot of issues - cycle was irregular and all over the place, wouldn't ovulate for months, cycle would go from light to extremely heavy and huge clots (TMI). OB/Gyn did all kinds of test - everything was normal. Decided to go in laparoscopically to look for endometriosis and he found nothing - said everything looked perfect - no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to have baby # 2. My husband works out of town and is gone 11-15 days at a time, so we figured that was a lot of it (not timing it up right). Because I have had months with no ovulation, OB put me on 50mg of clomid. I did 2 rounds on 50mg and levels were extremely low. He then put me on 100mg and I ovulated, but never got a BFP. I came off clomid for several months and just started back 100mg this cycle. I'm on CD15 and took the clomid on CD 3-7. According to my charts and the length of my cycle and clomid calculator, I am scheduled to ovulate from CD10-17. I had EWCM 2 days ago, which was CD13. DH and I BD on the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 27th and 28th (today). I did not take OPK on the 26th (day of EWCM) b/c I did not have a test - haven't tested in a while b/c we can only BD when he is home, so we just try as much as possible and b/c we are so tired of the BFN's. I didn't get the EWCM until late on the 26th, so I bought a test and tested this morning thinking it might still show positive. It was negative. Could it be I tested too late or not ovulated yet? I have been having extreme pelvic pain last night and all day today - almost as bad as labor. It has finally stopped. I have also been gassy, sore boobs and last night when we BD it was painful? Anyone experience this while taking Clomid? I've never had side effects like this in the past.

I'm not a Clomid taker yet, however I do know that you can miss the pos result for OPK's pretty easily. The day after o your hormones will have already evened out, specially if you o'd during the morning or night. However you did cover a lot of days so if you did I think you might have caught it. There is a chance you haven't o'd yet, but there's no way to tell other than getting blood work done to detect the ovulation hormones.

I stopped cerazette in june and had my first af end of oct. Hope ur wait isnt as long hun xxx

Thanks! I am hoping I ovulated and just missed my surge by testing after I had the EWCM. We have been trying to cover as many days as possible since my husband works out of town 11-15 days at a time. He leaves tomorrow and won't be home for another 11 days. I will go in on CD 21 to have the blood work to see if I did in fact ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->