OPK question :)

skc22

Reaction score
It's my first time using OPK's so I'm probably going to sound stupid cos I have no idea! I have been testing around 1pm and 6pm with a 4 hour minimum hold and I have only been getting faint lines the last 2 days and completely blank prior to that. But I just started getting ovulation pain. So can you miss the LH surge? I'm CD 14 and have a 30 day cycle normally so chances are I am, but I'm confused. I think I usually ovulate CD 17 going off symptoms. We were trying to swaying for a girl so that has gone out the window if I am :haha:

I never really got good clear positives with OPK's even when I know I ovulated because I temped and got pregnant those months!

How are you doing your sway? We are swaying for a girl too and plan to make one attempt just before O. DH is also abstaining at the moment too so it should be about 7 days by the time we attempt.

Thanks. I don't always get O pain so I thought I would give them a go.
It's our first month back TTC, I was assuming I would O on CD 17 (on the 19th) so we DTD 13th, 14th, 15th and this afternoon too. Then were planning no sex for the next 4 days but I think we will DTD tomorrow seeing as we have so close to ovulation now anyway :)
Good luck!

You might not be surging yet. Some people surge for a very short time, and it takes a while to get into their urine, so by the time they pick it up on the opk, they are just about ovulating. Usually, you ovulate 12-48 hours after seeing the LH surge on opk, but that's not the case for everyone. Keep testing every day in the evening, and 2x a day is a good idea, until you can see a pattern for what your body usually does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->