OPK question

MrsWhite

Reaction score
So I am TTC my 3rd kiddo, so I have used OPKs before, but this time I am really befuddled. Usually, I'll get almost positives for a few days leading up to ovulation before I get a clear one and then it will fade out slowly (this is when I have TTC in the past). This is my first month trying, and historically I have 30-32 day cycles and ovulate around day 17-18. I used OPKs (I know to really know for sure I should temp but I just didn't want to get that scientific about it this time quite yet) but I never got a clear positive; I got clearly negatives until the morning of cycle day 18 where I got an almost positive but the line was just barely lighter than the control line, and then later that night it was even lighter. I kept testing but never got a positive. So I am wondering if I possibly just didn't ovulate or if I maybe just missed my surge (I was working all day so I couldn't test during the afternoon when I know it is most likely to be positive). Prior to that I had worked a few night shifts so I wonder if that just threw me off? I don't know if I just missed my surge or if I never ovulated? I am now cycle day 21 and I haven't tested today yet, but I'm guessing it'll be negative.

Hi MrsWhite
It's possible you either didn't O but ramped up a bit and may O in a few days/wk
Or if you are like me - your body has changed and your surge may just be short.
I literally test at least 2 times a day once I get 2 lines, usually late morn, and again in the late eve so I don't miss the surge, and I STILL don't always see a true positive, but I temp so I know I O'd.
I used to have a lovely fade in, DARK pos, then fade out last year
Now it neg neg, 2 lines but 2nd light then almost pos but def not equal, then back to light again - but temp confirms O.
I don't worry too much cuz I am fairly reg at O mid cycle, but it's annoying.
All I can suggest is to test twice a day but not fmu, or spend the $ for the digi with low, high, peak or the smiley face.
I am getting one of those now.
I know they say women "surge" during the day, but I know for a fact I have gotten some of my super dark pos opks at 1 am before and others at 11 am, so I think a digi is the route for me with a short surge now.
GL to you and :dust:

Thanks! I think I may have just missed it because all other signs pointed to ovulation, but I suppose I could have just not ovulated. I've been continuing to test anyway just in case but I think I'll quit now as all other signs have dissipated. I have a set of clearablue digitals leftover from last time I was TTC and it hasn't expired yet, so if i am not pregnant this cycle I'll use that. I remember I used to be frustrated because I would get too many dark lines to pinpoint ovulation and now I'm feeling like that wasn't so bad compared to missing a dark positive altogether! :dust::dust: to you as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->