OPK Question....

mommyhopeful2

Reaction score
Hello... Just wondering what could be going on... I have some internet cheapy opk's that came up positive today (I did two of them a few hours apart to make sure) but when I did a third one tonight there wasnt even a faint positive... Pretty sure im covered as DH and I have DTD every other day since the end of AF... and are DTD again tonight... did i miss the official window or was this a false positive? should I keep testing? or enter the TWW?

First off, OPKs can not confirm ovulation. They are a useful tool to tell you that you may be about to ovulate BUT you can have multiple lh surges in a cycle and even turn an OPK positive and not ovulate. Second, are you sure you are reading your OPK correct? The test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line. An almost dark line doesn't count as positive. If your morning test was positive, and the evening test negative you either had a short lh surge or caught the tail end of a longer lh surge this morning. Either way, make sure to have sex tonight and probably tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I recommend you start temping and charting along with your OPKs. This will confirm whether or not you have ovulated and you will have no question as to whether or not you are in your TWW or not.

Good luck.

You might have just caught the end of your surge. In my experience opks can quickly change.

You probably just caught the end of the surge. Also, I know some people say you should only test between 10am-8pm...not sure when you tested at night.

continued temping and although i had already gotten a negative about 36 hours after the positive tests i had a temp spike so I think i probly did just catch the end of my surge.... entering the TWW now... fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->