OPK Question?

Tracey2008

Reaction score
My dear friend Cheryl encouraged me to join so I am new here and sadly had an early miscarriage last month. Me and hubby are ttc again. We have decided to use OPK tests this cycle and I wanted to know if you think I am getting close to 'O'. I am on day CD13 of normally a 29-32 day cycle.

Here are the pics of my OPK test this afternoon. Its a First Response Ovulation test.

Many thanks have asked hubby but he just says looks similar lol

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/tj2002/03042008049.jpg

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/tj2002/03042008050.jpg

That is a positive so it slooks like your having your LH high... Good sign you should be ovuating in 1/3 days times.

Hope you get alot of :sex: this weekend

It's hard to tell as we can't see the whole thing, which side is the thumb grip side? Cause I don't know which line is the reference line and which line is the test line? If the fainter line is the test line I'd say you're very close, it's not quite as dark so maybe tomorrow test again - but I would begin to BD tonight just to make sure.

i think you are almost there sweetie ...when i have that i consider i will"O" in the next 24h/36 hour....i use the same brand:)
go bd !!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. The control line is to the right of the screen and test to the left. These pics show it further away. I took close up pics so you could see how dark the lines look. I was wondering if I could be due to ovulate in the next day or so. Thats great lots of :sex: for the next few days lol. Great timing as hubby is off work tomorrow lol

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/tj2002/03042008040.jpg

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/tj2002/03042008048.jpg

Thats +

:sex:

Good luck & welcome to BabyandBump

Hi Tracy welcome to b&b. You will love it here. See you got loads of replies aldready LOL.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Yes I am thanks Tracey, I hope you are having a great day.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Hi everyone- my first post here, and I've just done my first OPK today- found this site while looking for more info. I've just been reading site all about interpreting the stick, which says categorically that if your test line is feinter than the control line it's a negative. A positive must be the same shade or darker. I would say this one is a neg- sorry. Here's the link: https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/opk-faq.htm OPK's don't work in the same way as pregnancy tests (where a feint line can be a pos). I just got a feint line today - can't wait till tomorrow to try again!

Hi everyone- my first post here, and I've just done my first OPK today- found this site while looking for more info. I've just been reading site all about interpreting the stick, which says categorically that if your test line is feinter than the control line it's a negative. A positive must be the same shade or darker. I would say this one is a neg- sorry. Here's the link: https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/opk-faq.htm OPK's don't work in the same way as pregnancy tests (where a feint line can be a pos). I just got a feint line today - can't wait till tomorrow to try again!

Hi welcome to BB. Yes I am sure its a negative as I have been testing with a CBFM and its just been reading high. I havent peaked yet.

I dont really know where I am in my cycle as I had a miscarriage on the 23rd March and the doctor said we dont have to wait for my next period to ttc again. So thats why I have been using the OPK tests to give me a guide to whats happening in my cycle. I have been taking the Clearblue Digital as well and havent had a smiley face yet but the lines on the sticks are getting darker. According to the online ovulation calculator I should ovulate on Sunday so I am hoping that tomorrow or sunday I will get a peak on my monitor. I shall keep you all posted. I normally have a 32-34 cycle but the sticks have been getting alot darker over the last 3 days so I think we are on the way to catching that eggie. Great timing too what with the weekend here :headspin::headspin:

Goodluck with your OPK do you have a pic of your test? Its funny how all the tests can all give different results. I have had pretty dark lines using the First Response ones whereas the Clearblue Digital hasnt given me a smiley face yet so I am going with that test as I used that with our son and bingo they worked lol:rofl:

That test I did was negative as I have had a peak on my CBFM yesterday and today and got a positive smiley face on the Clearblue Digital OPK kit whoopee!!!

That test I did was negative as I have had a peak on my CBFM yesterday and today and got a positive smiley face on the Clearblue Digital OPK kit whoopee!!!

I don't have a pic, no, I chucked it away in disappointment! Glad you've got a smiley- hope you hit it lucky this weekend, fingers crossed!!! x

Can someone please help me i had been irregular for six years after my youngest daughter was born. last month i had a very early miscarrige then my period this month arrived right on target 28 days you can imagine my surprise the thing is i have felt sick on and off every day since my period arrived and thought i could still have been pregnant but i got a :bfn: so now today cycle day 9 i took a opt and the test line was really faint but i took another one a couple of hours later and its a lot darker than the first one is it possible this might be picking up hcg instead of lh it's just that in the back of my mind i feel pregnant and have done since period arrived nine days ago.

Well its not impossible to be pregnant and have a period. I didnt know I was pregnant with my daughter as I was on the pill and was still having my periods. If your in doubt I would go to the doctors and ask them to do a blood test. If your on CD9 your OPK could be starting to darken due to increased fertility as I noticed my OPK's got darker as I progressed towards ovulation. I dont think OPK are a reliable way to test for pregnancy I have read that some still get fairly faint results on them even when they have got a positive HPT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"