OPK Question

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by susan_1981, Oct 4, 2008.

1. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

I bought some OPKs on Ebay. My period finished on Thursday and I just thought I'd try one now and it came up with a pink line (it's quite visible). I'm sure I can't be ovulating yet can I? Could it be a false positive?

2. Lyrah

Lyrah Mummy to my beautiful H<3

If it's not as dark or darker than the control line then it's not a positive hun :)

xxxxx

3. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

Ah ok. I'm new to these OPKs and it definitely isn't as dark as the control line. That makes me feel better. I was worried I was ov'ing already but I knew that I couldn't be because I can usually feel when I am. And me and my husband haven't :sex: since my period finished. I have him booked in for tonight though xxx

4. Charlie5

Charlie5 Well-Known Member

I have these too! I often get a pale pink line but leading up to ov it gradually gets darker, to as dark as the control line and then goes back to faint again. Thats how it works for me anyway hope that helps.

5. Lyrah

Lyrah Mummy to my beautiful H<3

The way Charlie described it is exactly how they work. As soon as it starts to get darker and darker, you know you are starting to ovulate :) When it's pale.. it's not positive but can detect some of the lutenizing hormone (I think that's what it's called!)

Hope this helped.

xxxx