Opk Question

TTC LADY

Reaction score
I tested yesterday AM using internet cheapy,and no line. Tested later in afternoon and saw faint line, lighter than control line. So we thought we'd BD last night. This morning the line was bit darker and just now there's no line. Is ovulation over. I thought it lasted longer than 12 hrs. Would it be worth BD tonight?

Hi

Ovulation should occur 12-36 hours after you get your OPK so you timed it well.

Good luck.

xx

I'm assuming you got a positive OPK at some time previously right? Because the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. If you see a lighter test line or no line at all in the test section, it means the OPK is negative. If those were the only OPKs you took, you have not detected your surge yet.

No. The only positive opk line in the last few days was yesterday faint line and this morning a bit darker but not darker than control line. Just tested again and no line what so ever. Have i ovulated if not what were the faint lines yesterday/this morning. Its my cd13 of 28 day cycle. Appreciate some help.

No, you have not yet had a positive OPK.

OPK's detect the surge of LH (luteinizing hormone) which peaks right before you ovulate. For an OPK to be positive, the test line must be as dark or darker than the control line. This is different than a home pregnancy test where any line at all means pregnant.

LH is always present in varying amounts in a woman's body. Thus, some women may always see a line. But unless that line is as dark or darker, no surge has been detected and the OPK is negative.

Hope this helps. Keep testing because it doesn't look like you've had a positive yet. In addition, a positive OPK does not mean you have ovulated. It could mean many things depending on context, but usually that you will ovulate within 12-48 hours after a positive.

As a foot note, women with PCOS may get false positives OPKs throughout their cycles. Some women also never get a positive OPK even though they have ovulated. It happened to me one cycle, though there were external factors that might have influenced that. Are you checking your BBT?

Thank you very much. This really helps me. I should keep testing and bd then for the next week or so. I'm not tracking my bbt. Maybe start from next cycle, assuming BFN this month. Good luck to you also.

Just want to add that you should not be worried if you see a line one day and none the next. Some women see a gradual darkening all the way up to a positive, but it seems rare to me. Personally, mine have absolutely no pattern. Sometimes mine look like they are just a shade or two lighter (almost positive!) and then next day there is no line at all. This is normal. Mine are just not positive until they are positive.

Good luck to you too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"