OPK question

MrsC8776

Mom to twin girls!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I should be over in the assisted conception group but I have a question for all of you. I use OPK's since I'm not on any meds (as some of you have probably already seen in my other posts). Has anyone ever tested every single day after AF and not got a smile show up on your test? I'm really confused as to why the digital smile never showed up this month.

Just wondering if this is a normal thing of if I test to early in the morning (8-9 am)

Any input would be great :flower:

Good luck to all of you

You should use non digi too that way when your line starts getting darker you know your ovulating soon that way you will be able to test twice a day. If you only do once you can easily miss your surge. Plus it's way cheaper

Ok I will look into doing that. RE told me to test once a day in the mornings. Next month I will test twice a day to make sure I catch it. Do you suggest any cheaper tests besides Clear Clue Digital? I don't use FMU but the one after... still about 8-9 am because wake up everyday to talk to DH at 6:45.

Thank you for your help. I am still wondering if this has happened to others though.

Hello Flower :)

When i was TTC, in about 12months, i Missed Ovulation 2-3times.. Didnt get a Positive OPK.. It did worry me a bit, but after talking to my Doctor, he says it quite normal...

Dont panick, see how your next cycle goes, and then maybe seek more advice?
:hugs:

Also make sure you are holding your urine for as long as you can, ideally 4 hours and limit fluid intake.

I agree with the IC's combined with CB digi. One cycle I tested at 10pm no smiley, 10am smiley, 2pm no smiley. I usually test at 5pm so would have missed it.

Good luck.

I have heard you have to test from 2pm until about 6pm, but up until 8pm. LH is metabolized in the morning and needs a few hours to show in your urine.

I used a whole pack of OPKs last cycle. I got a smiley face at cd8 then nothing until I ran out at cd26. After that, I started using dollar store tests and got more positives at CD30-35 (so weird but they were definite positives.) I finally ovulated on CD34.

Your body produces LH the hormone throughout the day, so they recommend testing at 2/3pm and then 10pm if you want to test twice.

Thank you to all of you who have responded. I have learned quite a bit from all of you and next cycle I will try all the things that have been said.

Waiting 4 hours after FMU is something I wasn't told so that is good to know. I will look somewhere for cheaper OPK's so that I can do more tests than just one a day. Testing later in the day is something else I will start doing.

Thank you all for your input, I'm really new to this and still learning the best things to do. Good luck to all of you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->