OPK questions...

LetItBeABaby

Reaction score
I have a 33-35 day cycle. I'm on cycle day 14. I've taken OPK on cycle day 10, 12, and today. They're all super faint. Does anyone have a cycle like mine? What day do you usually ovulate? I'm worried my LP is too short. My Ovuview app says its only 6-7 days long. My Ovuline app says I should start ovulating soon but it doesn't seem like it from my recent tests. I can't get progesterone cream because I don't have insurance yet. Can someone give me an idea of what I can do to help lengthen my LP?

I started b-100 complex and vitex this month to lengthen my LP and will do progesterone cream after I ovulate! Do you temp?

If your cycles are 33-35 days long, even if you ovulated on cd 20 your lp would still be 13-15 days long, I would expect your opk's to still be faint on cd 14 if you have 33-35 day cycles hun, there's still chance for your positive to appear and have a decent length lp :flower:

BrittBS- what is vitex? I've heard a lot of positive things about progesterone but since it's not OTC I'm unable to get it :/ and no, I don't temp. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to do it and the rules that follow it.
Katherinegrey- I'm hoping you're right. I've never tested to see when i do ovulate so I have no idea when I normally do. Hopefully my app is wrong about my LP

I agree with pp. if you have longer cycles, you will ovulate later. I have 33 day long cycles and usually ovulate on cd 21 with a 12 day lp and that's still considered normal :)

Ambermichelle- that's such a relief to hear! I'm hoping you are right. Would my OPK at least be slightly dark by now rather than just really faint?

As the other ladies said: If you're cycle is 33-35 days then you shouldn't ovulate until at least CD19 (with a 14 day LP). If your LP is 12 days then you'll see O around CD21 and if it's only 6-7 days, not until CD26. So, it's quite early still!

Do you temp at all? If you don't that'll really help you verify what day you actually ovulate and then you'll be able to start figuring out your exact LP time as well.

Ambermichelle- that's such a relief to hear! I'm hoping you are right. Would my OPK at least be slightly dark by now rather than just really faint?

Sorry to double reply! :p For me personally, the darkness of my OPKs anytime before my positive is not a good indicator for me. It goes anywhere from really dark (almost positive) to barely there at any given time. So, I would just focus on looking out for that positive OPK and wouldn't read into the darkness too much!

(although, some ladies do see a progression from really faint to dark the closer they get to ovulation. I'm just not one of them)

Bee Bee- no, I don't temp. I have no idea how to go about that and the rules about it. Your response makes me feel a whole lot better! I'm so glad I have all you ladies to turn to! I don't have the most supportive family to talk to about all this or a regular doctor.

Aww well that's why we're hear! :) and having a faint line or a darker one all just depends on the woman. If you don't want to temp, I would recommend using opks 2-3 times a day so you don't miss your lh surge (that is possible!) I would keep temping and let us know how the progression happens :)

Bee Bee- no, I don't temp. I have no idea how to go about that and the rules about it. Your response makes me feel a whole lot better! I'm so glad I have all you ladies to turn to! I don't have the most supportive family to talk to about all this or a regular doctor.

Well, if you do decide to do it (you don't have to, it's just another tool to use!) there are only a few things that you need to do!

One: you can buy a BBT thermometer (you can get them online for like 10 bucks) or just use a digital thermometer. But you can't use the mercury ones.

Two: you take your temp at the same time every day. I actually temp about an hour or so before I wake up, at 6:30 am. I just set an alarm and when it goes off, I temp and then go back to bed. You also need to be getting at least 3-4 hrs of uninterrupted sleep before you temp.

Three: as soon as you wake up to temp, you have to make it the first thing you do. You can't get up out of bed or drink water or even lay there for a few mins. You have to temp right away.

Lastly, you just record your temps daily! Most of us like to use fertility friend or ovufriend which are both online. FF also has a phone app (ovufriend might too) They also let you record your CM and OPKs, so they're really helpful! They also track your temps for you and give you a estimated date of ovulation.

It's really pretty easy to get started! Learning to decipher your chart on the other hand takes a little practice but we can all help with that! :p

My cycle this month will be around 45 days, and according to all my bodys signs and FF, I ovulated on CD31. And had positive opks from CD21.

I agree with the other ladies, temp!! If i hadnt been temping i would have guessed id have ovulated waaaay earlier than i actually did. Way back around CD22!

Thank you ladies! I'll start temping when my next cycle starts so I can start fresh. I'm on cycle day 17 and still no positive OPK. I have one of those Clearblue OPK that give a circle or a smiley. Makes it a little easier for me to understand haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->