Opk reading help required!!!!

Nadyaraza

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and desperately need your help
In a nutshell, I never see positive opks. 37 with pcos and pretty sure I just don't ovulate. Ttc for almost 2 years now. Anyway on Thursday I had the following results and this is probably the closest I've ever gotten. The one on top was at 2120 pm and the one below was 2pm
What do they mean because next day it went light again 😞
It was definitely not darker or as dark...

Attachments

• 789E981B-D7B1-45DE-BF45-39A18DD3E96B.jpg
    789E981B-D7B1-45DE-BF45-39A18DD3E96B.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 13
Ive only just started trying them myself recently but they look positive to me. Congrats and good luck!

Finally someone replies! Thank you for that Helen ☺️
Okay so when I was looking at them the rest line was definitely not as dark as control line. Does that still mean they're positive? I think there's a lot I need to learn about these opks.

The instructions say the test line has to be equal to or darker than the control line.
The pictures look equal to the control line so you may be in luck :)

^ Wss. Line has to be equal or darker than control line! Looks like you ovulated! Good luck!

Maybe I missed my surge so couldn't see the darker line? Not to eat your Brains more but I did the cb advanced test on the same urine sample and it came negative (next day too)... I had a few tests left but used them like after maybe 3 or more months later.... would that give me a false negative you reckon? I mean it didn't even give me a flashy smiley just the dismal looking circle 😭

I have pcos as well and this was my first taking letrozole to induce ovulation. It worked!
Prior to starting the letrozole though I would always have a second line that was almost as dark as the control line. My GYN suggested using the clearblue ovualtion test, they are a bit spendy but in my opinion they are worth it just for peace of mind.

Baby dust your way!!

I think that they're very almost positive. Keep dtd

Hey @28329,
After these tests I did one the next day and it was much lighter than these 2... in your experience if using them would you say I should have done a third test after a few hours rather than the next day? Can a surge be that short or maybe I didn't actually ovulate? I see all these darker than control line tests and I've never even gone close 😞 This is the thebdarkest any opk has gone in a year. I used to use the cb advanced and those would flash for 9 days and then I'd get my period so I stopped. They were stressing me out to no limits

I would have, yes. Some people miss their surge because it is so short. If those are the darkest you've had then you could very much so be close to ovulating.

Well here's hoping that i do and it bears fruit. We had intercourse the day of opk and the following 2 days. Today and tomorrow look unlikely because he's been very busy with some conference and I know that asking him for more will set him off the edge (he's been super stressed past few weeks already cuz of work)

Anyway, I have been testing since the posted opk and here's the thing... Sunday was lighter, then Monday picked up a lil bit and today after I spoke to you I did another test and it's almost as dark as the control line but not quite!!! I'm so confused as to what is happening 😑 Should I keep monitoring? It's picking up again and I'm wondering if I didn't miss the surge and maybe just maybe next couple of days I'll see the coveted darker line???? What would you do in my situation? (My last 2 cycles were 19 and 40 days so my period is an unholy mess)

Oh.also I am one of those dry women and haven't seen ewcm in 2 years almost. I have been dry throughout and had no symptoms whatsoever of ovulation. Tried checking cervix which I'm not really familiar with but what I felt and think was my cervix was hard....

During ovulation the cervix is soft high open and wet (show) If you're struggling with cm try preseed, it's called conceive plus here in the UK. Is sperm friendly lube that mimics ewcm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->