OPK surge come and gone same day?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I've been testing with the clear blue Smiley face tests (not with the blinking) and today around noon I tested at cd 16 and I walked away and forgot about it. I went back and it was blank because it sat so long but when I ejected the strip part a Smiley face showed up. So I got super excited I've never gotten a positive OPK and this is my first round on clomid . (The lines we're also a lot darker than previous days). Before we went to celebrate I wanted to take another to make sure since I left it for a few hours. And it came back negative.

I know that once you get a positive you should stop testing, but for this unfortunate situation I detested.
Could the first late Smiley have been correct and just caught the end of my surge? Or could it have been malfunctioning since it had set so long?
I do plan on testing tomorrow

Hi nnaime. There's a number of reasons it could have come back negative:

1 - You had just caught the end of your surge when you tested the first time
2 - The 2nd time you tested, your wee was too diluted. Had you been drinking a lot in between test times?
3 - It was a faulty result. It can happen
4 - Your body may have tried to ovulate and didn't. You might get a positive again in the next day or so if that has happened.

Not much help I'm afraid, but there could be a number of reasons. Hope you got to it anyway.

I should also say that a lot of women just get one day or a few hours of positives before it turnes negative again. Some women have positives for 2-3 days. It might just be that you fall into the first category.

Thank you so much for your reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->