OPK testers

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Seity, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I got some OV tests to use this month and it seems like it might be worth testing once at work and once in the evening when I get home. I was reading the instructions and it said to test on room temp urine sample. So, the question is really for those who test at work.
    Do you just test it right away anyway or put the sample somewhere to cool off for a few and then test? Will it make a difference if you don't wait?

2. Mrs G

Mrs G Lily and Tommy's mummy

Hi

I don't use opks much but have never used room temp pee. The only thing I would say is to start testing mid/late afternoon as LH builds up during the day.

Not much help, sorry!!

3. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

it is best to test later in the afternoon, i test when i get home from work. i leave mine for about 5 mins before i test it but loads of ladies say they dont leave their sample at all and makes no difference to the result, the only thing is though you do need to leave them flat while you wait for the results and that can take up to 10 mins xx

4. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I figured I could test mid afternoon, which would be when I'm still at work, but I wouldn't want to have to wait for the sample to reach room temp, if I can do it right away and then just put the strip somewhere in my office.

5. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I didnt leave mine sit and never had a problem (always worked best if I wasnt drinking the few hours beforehand so you know) They should be the same as the other ones that you pee on which wouldnt be room temp either right? Good luck!