OPK Testing w/ PCOS

turningpage

Reaction score
Looking for someone who knows about OPKs and PCOS. I have spoken with a few ladies who have PCOS and they say that they never get a real +OPK, only close to it.

Last month was my first month using OPKs and I got a almost + on CD 20, I had my progesterone checked on CD 21 and 28 and they confirmed that I likely ovulated on CD 21. I also had headaches, back ache, nausea, and cramping, but hardly any CM during O.

I am now CD 17 and I had headaches, cramping, nausea, back ache for the last few days, and yesterday when I was testing in the afternoon I had a huge stretchy glob like 6 inches long of cm come out.

Today I have none of the symptoms I had been having and my OPKs are getting lighter today, and hardly any cm now. I will be having a progesterone check done on Monday so I will know for sure then, but I was wondering what you ladies think.

Sorry the pic isn't very good, camara phone.

Attachments

• 11188210_10152731462247301_4137331688350581_ndfdsfdsf.jpg
    11188210_10152731462247301_4137331688350581_ndfdsfdsf.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 20
I also wanted to say that I never got a +OPK last cycle and I tested 2-3 times a day until I got my blood work done.

Hey hun. Sufferer of PCOS right here!

I have to say that when I did get a +OPK, it was definitely positive. But, as you say, many women with PCOS don't get a true positive. What I found to really help was temping.
It may be that you have low LH levels and that's why you're not getting the true positive and why the GP 'thinks' you O'd around a certain time.
You may need something to help strengthen your O. Either herbal (I tried Agnus Castus, which was great) or Clomid (which worked first time for me).

Looking at your pics though, I'd say CD16 was the closest to positive.

Not sure if this has answered your question or not, but I hope it was helpful x

Thanks for responding! Turns out that one I thought was my + (even though its not really a +) was it. I ovulated within 48 hours as confirmed by my temps, and my fs confirmed it on Monday. My progesterone was at 28.5! Much higher than last month, and the opk only got lighter after that almost + on cd 16.

I am now 7 dpo and although its really early to be symptom spotting, within 12-20 min of eating breakfast I had sudden intense nausea and violently threw up everything including my vitamins! Not normal for me at all! So we shall see when I test next week!

Got a faint + on a first response this morning at 9dpo! I have a blood test monday! Here's a picture even though it doesn't really show up well lol.

Attachments

• 9dpo.3w5d.may9.jpg
    9dpo.3w5d.may9.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 8
Congrats! I can see a faint line. Fingers crossed it gets darker for you x

Thanks!!!! I hope so too, and hopefully it sticks and I get a healthy take home baby at the end this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->