• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

OPK to test pregnancy

Thegoodtwin

Mom of 1 and expecting #2
Reaction score
Now I know this has been discussed before but I want to see what you ladies think. Do you think getting a positive OPK after ovulation is a possible indicator of early pregnancy?

Yes I get +opks when I'm pregnant. That's how I knew I was pregnant with my 2nd. I only had opks in the house and it came back positive so i bought a HPT xx

amz when did you test with the opk?

i dont believe it indicates pregnancy alone. a hpt will be positive before a opk will be. also, secondary lh surges occur a few days before ur af so thats why i say its not accurate. now, if u get a positive hpt and a opk then its accurate but a opk alone and negative hpt? no. not likely accurate at all.

Thanks girl! I took an opk today (8 dpo) totally out of curiosity and it came back with a relatively dark line. Definitely not assuming I'm pregnant based off of that but it made me wonder.

If I remember correct my af was 5 days late when I tested.
I tested with opks and Hpts for fun when I was pregnant the 3rd time and I'm pretty sure both were positive from 11 dpo. I don't think a positive opk indicates u are pregnant if a hpt is coming back negative but if I only had opks to test with and it was positive I would deffo go and buy a hpt xx

I think 8 dpo would be to early for it to be accurate but stranger things have happened. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"