OPK

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
So I've decided to try OPKs again with the support of my DH. I bought Answer OPKs and instructions say to dip it in pee. Also it says if your cycles are shorter than 35 days to start testing the day your period stops. Since I've done OPKs in the past can I wait until CD 10 to start testing? Also does it make a difference as to whether I POAS or dip in a cup? Please help clear up confusion. Any advice is welcomed :)

Hi! I have the same ones and I just dip...I've never tried to POAS with them, I don't think that would work b/c it says to hold the strip as vertical as possible and wait 10 sec (I always wait until I see the wetness traveling up the stick, sometimes more like 12 sec).
My cycle is 28-30 days and I O sometime between cd 13-16, so I begin testing cd 10, then about 2-3 times per day starting around cd 12.
They've worked great for me!

I have never used this brand but find dipping much more reliable. With peeing on it you can miss it and also like the previous poster said with dipping you can check the pee has moved all the way up the stick before throwing the pee away.

I think the thing about asking you to test from end of your period is
a) covering themselves for early ovulation and
b) making more money from people testing early

If you're sure of your general ovulation date from previous cycles then defo not need to start so early!
Good luck I hope you catch the egg

Sounds like youv'e got some good advice. If you know when you usually O then you can start to test a few days before that. The starting early is for people who don't know their O date. If your O date is sporadic than start earlier.

Definitely dip, it's more reliable. I usually buy disposable cups and keep them in the bathroom (the cheap little plastic ones) for this purpose. You'll want to test with a concentrated urine so a 3-4 hour "hold" if possible - that means 3-4 hours since your last bathroom visit and not too many liquids since then. That gives the best results. Test whenever your strips say to test but unless it says FMU then I've found afternoon is most effective.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"