Opk ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by NicoleB, Dec 23, 2009.

1. NicoleB

NicoleB Mama Of Many & Lovin It

What does ot mean if you get a positive OPK in the morning (done with 1st morning) than a negative in the early afternoon?

EDIED to say that I had peed over night..about 4 hours or so before I did the test!

2. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

It just means you caught the end of you lh surge, O will be 12-36 hours away, Im leaning towards earlier rather than later. Good luck catching that eggy hun!:hugs:

3. NicoleB

Thank you so much for responding!! I of course (because I'm crazy:) tested again and almost nothing on the test line so..I didnt hold my pee long but it was still lighter than yesterdays and I did not old it at all then.
    So it it safe to say when I did it yesterday and the line was almost as dark I caught it going up than when I did it at 7:20 this morning and it was as dark as the control line I caught it going down?

4. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

In my case getting a positive in the morning and faint/nothing in the afternoon doesnt mean my surge is over. I only ever get a positive between 9am and 10am with SMU...I could go on to get a negative later in the day then back to positive the next morning. Doesn't really matter though because I would still count 12-36 hours from the FIRST positive. That's why they tell you on the box not to bother testing after your positive.

Good luck! x

5. NicoleB

OH OK..I'll just figure 12 to 36 hours from this mornings test then.
    I posted a pic of the one I took this a.m I took the pic just after I did it so it got even darker after (but before the 30 minute window)
    I figured it was ok to do it this morning because I had gone pee during the night so it wasnt really a FMU.