OPK

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to start tracking my ovulation... I have periods that are all over the place... One cycle can be 31 days the next 34 etc!

i bought some one step ovulation step from Amazon! I came off yesterday and thought I would try one (even though the packet is saying wait until day 14) However I can see a second line?

Have any of you ladies done this and got the same? If the second line isnt very strong does it mean its negative?

Im all new to this, never tracked this before so i dont know what im looking at haha xxxx

I can be much help as I've not tracked myself before, but i do know the line has to be as dark as the control line or darker to be positive :thumbup:

:flower:

Aah thanks Jay for replying.

It did get a lit more darker but still not dark enough!

Ill keep tracking and see where it gets me :) xx

The line needs to be as dark as the control line or darker. However I have seen people writing reviews that haven't gotten as dark of a line as the control one, still claiming to be pregnant in the same cycle. Some people don't get the surge on FMU. Are you testing only once?

I will also start testing using the opks next month. GL!

I don't always get a test line as dark as the control line. Last week I had all the signs of O (pains, ewcm, temp dip etc) and the test line didnt get as dark as the control. This cycle may be a bit whacky for me as I'm just waiting for my first AF since MMC at the end of Jan.

I always test in the afternoon / evenings around when I think O is going to be and generally a couple of times on those days too.

all the best!

Hello ! Opks are a really good tool, but combined with bbt are excelent :) don't firget that an opk doesn't pin point ovulation. A +opk means you'll probably ov. between 12 and 24 h.

The one in your pic. is a def. - . For a positive one you'll see a T line as strong or mostly stronger than the C line.
Keep on testing and you'll notice how the line is progressing. As the lh surge is approching, the t line will get bolder and bolder.

Ps: if you have irregular periods testing from day 14 is not practical. I usually test sometimes even from day 5...
Pps: here is my today's + opk. At O day, i even test twice. Am and pm

Attachments

• 20180226_082357-1.jpg
    20180226_082357-1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Thank you Tei.

My problem is, on most Ovulating site they are saying I will ovulate from the 28th and the highest day being the 04th! Other sites (like Tampax and Always) are saying Im Ovulating now! I took a OPK this morning, although not as dark as yours, its the darkest its been and only slightly lighter then the C line! I cant take a pic, as my phone is in my OHs car with him at work but will try and upload later...

I get confused quite easily haha so ive bought more OPK on amazon and will track next month too!

Thanks for your replies ladies xxx

Remember these websites and/or apps will only give you average ovulation time for your cycle length, we dont all work to averages. I would also recommend using opks twice around the time you think you will be ovulating as some people LH surge doesn't last very long and can be missed. Good luck!

These are my OPKs...
Although all negative, would you say maybe i ovulated on CD12 and just didnt POAS at the right time, you can tell its darker lines compared to all the light line around it??

Attachments

• CD.jpg
    CD.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9
Ignore that... this was my test this lunch!!! Yikes - they do work then!

Attachments

• CD2.jpg
    CD2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
I did the tests last time I was ttc. This time I have an app on my phone. I prefer it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->