Opks all positive? First post!

Brightlife

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post so hope I'm doing it right!

I bought some opks off amazon to try and understand my cycle better. I started testing on cycle day 17 (the day they arrived in the mail lol) and got a positive! For the last 6 days I've used one or two a day and every single one has been positive. Is this normal? I've never used opks before so maybe I'm stupid and don't understand how the results work but I followed the instructions exactly, I just assumed after ovulating the test line would stop appearing?

Can someone help me understand?

Thank you very much

Is the test line as dark or darker than the control line? They are only considered positive if this is the case. Often you will see a line as the LH builds up before the pre ovulation surge.

It's only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line x

Is the test line as dark or darker than the control line? They are only considered positive if this is the case. Often you will see a line as the LH builds up before the pre ovulation surge.

They all look as dark to me. I'm going to try and post a photo, maybe I'm just blind haha! Thank you for replying

https://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/Sarahbrownnew1/image.jpg1_zpstwedycbq.jpg

They do look positive! Do you have pcos by any chance?

They do look positive! Do you have pcos by any chance?

I've never been tested for PCOS but my periods are pretty regular, between 25 and 30 day cycles so I've never really considered asking to be tested.

I just wondered as with pcos sometimes the ovulation hormones hang around quite a bit until you o so you test positive longer. I have pcos and I remember that happening to me when I was ttc my 2nd. My cycles range from 27-35 daysish

In fact I posted a thread about it 3 years ago. There's no answers in it though only someone suggesting I used a different test. Hopefully someone will have a better answer

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ick-seeing-positive-opks-now-please-help.html

I just wondered as with pcos sometimes the ovulation hormones hang around quite a bit until you o so you test positive longer. I have pcos and I remember that happening to me when I was ttc my 2nd. My cycles range from 27-35 daysish

That's really useful to know. I'll use the opks next month as well and if it's the same thing I wonder would it be useful asking my doctor to be tested for PCOS. I had a cyst removed from my left ovary when I was much younger as it was causing me pain but I don't think this is the same type of issue as PCOS. Thank you.

You could try charting your basal temperatures as well to get a clearer picture. Bit more of a commitment but will be useful infornation if you opks do the same thing next year.

The top one is possibly positive but the rest are definitely negative

Can you see a difference in colour? That makes me feel a bit better. My husband and I can't see a difference at all but I need new glasses and he can't tell the difference between blue and green on the best of days ha!

You could try charting your basal temperatures as well to get a clearer picture. Bit more of a commitment but will be useful infornation if you opks do the same thing next year.

Thank you, I think I will try charting my temperature next time because I'm obviously useless at reading these opks ha!

Can you see a difference in colour? That makes me feel a bit better. My husband and I can't see a difference at all but I need new glasses and he can't tell the difference between blue and green on the best of days ha!

I can but probably only because I've used them years and developed an expert eye lol

I was going to say too, the top one definitely looks just as dark as the control line. In the rest of them, the tester line looks slightly lighter than the control. It could just be the lighting but that's how it looks to me :)

Thank you everyone for all your advice and opinions! I really really appreciate it.

This is why I refuse to use any Ovulation test that is not digital. I need a yes or no. Those tests all look positive to me. Forget that guessing game!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->