opks are confusing me...

loochie-lu

7 weeks n feeling yucky!x
Reaction score
Hello all, hope someone will b able 2 help me?
I have a 25 day cycle n its the 1st month ive used opks (got some internet strips). Basically, im on cd8 n have been having watery cm 4 the last 4 days so decided 2 test 4 the first time yesterday afternoon n it was neg, not even the faintest line. I will check again this afternoon but really should b ov about now, my temps r up so i just dont get it. Any suggestions? Its doin my brain in...:hissy: I just hop i am ov, always bin a bit worried bout that. But there wasnt even the faintest line AT ALL:(
Help!!
Thanx! xx:hug:

O on cd8 ? the internet cheapies arent the best opk to use for first time,but u will get a pos,just keep doin them every day till u get a pos...plus ur temp has a dip on O day,ur temp drops usually for that one day then goes bk up then into post O temps

hi, i'm using internet cheapies for the first time too and kept getting no result at all for last few days even though i know now is around ovulation time.
then yesterday i left it a little longer than usual (4 mins as opposed to 40 seconds!) an it had given dye a chance to spread properly and i've now had lines in test strip for today and yesterday...basically my point is make sure you've givin them about 4-5 mins before you read else you may be reading too early (and obviously don't read after recommended time!)
x

ok well this afternoon ive finally had 2 lines, but the test line is very feint. does this mean im closer 2 ov now? will it keep gettin darker? prob a silly question but just wanted 2 check!!
many thanx!!
xx

hi well done...did you leave them longer this time before reading? i'm over the moon i'm now doing that cos was getting seriously disheartened keep thinking i wasn't showing any results!!!
yeah what normally happens is it gradually (or quickly) darkens with each test, then gets fainter after ovulation. some women experience short burst of hormone and others a more gradual build up.
with the internet cheapies the line is a bit harder to read than others, i found mine had a strong side to the test line with the rest of it faint whereas control line was more of a solid colour. you need to compare the darkest bit of the test line with the colour of control line (which is a bit hard as its not very thick on my test!). yesterday mine was the darkest it's been but difficult to tell if it was as dark, then today it's lightened up again so i must have had my peak yesterday, so just be aware of what day you see darkest line then BD like mad as egg is released 12-36 hours after that

hope this helps as its a bit waffled...if not gimme a shout!
x

Funny you should ask that because I was looking at that today. I read that some ppl will never show a positive OPK but still ov. And someone else on here said that they've never had a positive either but they ov. I am pretty sure I ov'd on CD16 because I had my temp rise then. I did tests for the 3 days before that and the best I got was a line but it wasn't as dark as the control line which they say is a negative. I think this was my positive though.

yeh it will get darker hun just bare with them u will know when its pos :)
post temps are temps after O, and there higher than af temps, usually on O day u will get a low temp then the next day it'll rise n keep on goin up,this is why at O theres a dip in ur chart so u can tell uv O,also the temps are higher after O cos of the hormones that r realised.good luck hunx

thanx all!:) :) :)
gona do another opk wen i get home frm work, im hopon i get something stronger 2day!!
xx

if it gets fainter it could mean you've already had your peak in which case get BD'ing like crazy!!!

loochie-lu
u will get a pos , with a 25 day cycle u cud O up till cd15 (any later and ur lp wont be 10days)
last mth i had a 27day cycle ..O on cd14 so ur ok yet hun x just keep doin them n make sure ur urine is consentrated :)

Hi hun

It might be worth you testing a couple of times a day (if you're not already) as sometimes the LH surge can be quite short (12 hours) and if you're only testing once a day, you might miss it.

Good luck.

xx

Thanx girls:)
I will stop freaking about it so much haha!
Im cd10 2day. Last month I had a 26 day cyle so bit longer than usual n ff said i would O on Weds this week, so should b any time. Tomo I will check twice, once in the morning n once in the afternoon I think. Dont wanna miss me egg!!!
But thanx again girls!!:) xxx

Hey, me again!!
I done another opk yest after work n there was no line whatsoever:( :hissy:
Im gonna do 2 2day. OH is getting worried n thinks I should go 2 Dr, but I think its a bit early 2 go down that road yet. Ive been showing fertile signs (ff told me) since last thurs, n we have bd'd every day apart frm fri n sat (only 2 days that we haven't this cycle-apart frm af). Do i have a chance this month?
Its startin 2 get me down a bit. Im off 2 do another now, I know its a bit early in the mornin but my FMU was at 5am 2day so it just may work.
Advice girlies please? xxx:hug::hugs:

are you charting your CM as well? cos thats a good indicator along with opks. also you shouldn't be using fmu!!!! you should test at same time each day and between 12 and 8pm after having held wee for as close to 4 hours as poss and not drinking loads either else it's diluted!

you could test tonight hun instead of going by this mornings one. it may be that you've had your surge though if you were getting faints and now not getting one altogether, as a surge can be 12 hours long so can be missed...
x

Hey. Check out my journal to see what the positive O pee sticks should look like. I never thought that I would get a positive one either - and then I did. Don't give up. You make have to do several in one day. Also make sure that you don't drink alot in the hours prior to testing - it will dilute the results for sure and cause frustration. Have you been temping at all? I have been - and my temps so far do confirm that ovulation happened matching my pee stick results. I guess now its a waiting game to see if I caught the egg. My two cents. :) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->