OPK'S charting when newly TTC?

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I really didn't want to use OPK'S when newly TTC. Trying to keep it as stress free and least pressure as possible. But I think not knowing when I ovulate is seeming to be more stressful than just using OPK'S.

I used them before about 4 years ago and found to O around day 20. I usually get EWCM as a sign too. Sometimes pain and sometimes spotting. Due to newly TTC and BDing, I haven't been able to see the EWCM which means I either A- haven't started ovulating yet (day 17) or B- the EWCM wasn't as visible due to the semen.

It doesn't matter to me to know when I ovulate, or at least I thought it didn't. Now I am looking out for signs and checking my cervix. Which I didn't want to do...

Anyone else using OPK'S when very newly trying?

I think using them next month just to see if I still O on day 20 would put my mind at rest a little. I wanted to O early so I conceive in paris where we are now.. so maybe I did :D

This is our first month offically TTC, and I will be using OPKS. Though I have used them last cycle as well, to see what my cycles like to do. Since I'll only be 5 months post-partum this cycle, I'm still not sure if I'm actually ovulating yet (don't think I did last time, though I did get a smiley on the OPK so who knows) so I'm kind of using the OPK's to gauge whether I'm actually ovulating. They can make it more stressful though, especially because they don't always seem to work properly for everyone. EWCM is definitely the best indicator of fertility. For me, if I don't see EWCM, I assume I haven't actually ovulated.

I used them right from the word go. For me the knowing where I was up to and what was happening was less stressful than the guessing. For the first 2 months I used them every day until I got a +ve. We were following the SMEP plan. After the first 2 months, I did what SMEP said in regards to when to start with tests and started using them daily but from later on. It took us 4 cycles in the end. I didn't do anything else - temping, monitoring EWCM etc because that was too stressful for me to think about. Just balance where your stress levels are with the amount of data you think you need to that you feel organised and more relaxed with the whole thing.

I'm on month 3, and I just started using them yesterday. I'm already confused. It said to start using them from Day 11 for my cycle length of 27 days, so I'll be using them until I get a positive. My husband is starting to get worried that it has taken us three months so far, so I'm doing it for the both of us.

I think it will help because so far we've been using an app on my phone and who knows if it's accurate or not.

I used them first month ttc and a month before that. I don't like relying on it so much. They can be unreliable. Taking temps is a much better way to confirm ovulation. Just BD everyday or every other day. As long as your doing that you don't need OPK to tell you your gonna ovulate.

Thank you ladies. I do agree that it can be more stressful and guessing. I want to know when I am in the TWW and this confusion is more stress than just using a few OPKS to check...

I usually O around day 20 but sure I O'd early CD 16. Which would make me 7 DPO if not more. I have been getting A LOT of EWCM and 'blobs' of it. Out of curiosity I started using some OPKS as EWCM is a always a big sign of ovulation for me.

But not even a slight positive... very faint lines. I am definitely not due to ovulate and have already and now getting this EWCM.

TWW is torture!!

I usually rely on ewcm too but the semen makes it almost impossible to tell. If you don't chart or take opks you have to bd a lot. We did that last month and it was exhausting. We did it with our first too but it was less exhausting because we didn't have a toddler back then haha! I'm temping and using opks this cycle.

This is my first time using OPK as well. I think it is definitely less stressful than trying to pin point and guess my cycle and ovulation! There's an app I also use on my iphone it's called maybe baby ... Enter your last AF and it tells you what days you are most likely fertile. I think knowing what's going on with your body can be reassuring , at least for me it is . I feel less anxious knowing and I'm able to relax

Thank you everyone :)

Well I have been getting A LOT of ewcm soooo thick and starchy. But I'm a week past ovulation.. hoping it's a sign.

If we didn't get lucky this month then next month I will be using opks and maybe bbt as I rather know. We BD every day mainly so no worries about catching the egg but just for my peace of mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->