• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

OPK's? Cheapies or CBFM?

Mummafrog

New FTM to baby girl
Reaction score
Hello lovelies, baby dust aaall round :dust:

As it says really, will be starting to use OPK's at some point to be more accurate with my cycle (traditional surrogate! :cloud9:).

For those of you who have tried the clearblue fertility monitor, thoughts? I'd like to use it so we have more of a heads up for the Intended Parent's to come visit etc.. but if it's not as good as the cheapies then we'll stick to them. Or any other option you suggest?
What do you prefer?
Also should I be temping too?? I know that I do ovulate so maybe not necessary but I wouldn't mind.

After 2 1/2 years of trying...I've used everything. Hard to say what helps because I have heard some people get pregnant off of all those things. Opks can be cheaper but not as accurate...cbfm...expensive...expensive sticks...and have to pee on them more through cycle. I had a peak on it one cycle. Blood 21 test came back that I didn't ovulate. ..but I've heard many getting pregnant using one...right now I am temping. ..love it...because it is free...but unless you are regular and you do it a few months it's hard to know before ovulation...only confirms it...sorry if I confused you more haha but just some tips I've gathered!

I really liked the cbfm, it really helped me to figure out my cycles. But what helped more was charting my bbt. Do you use fertility friend? If not, you should get an account. You can click my chart in my signature and take a look.

Thanks ladies! I did follow what you were saying waiting and yeah I should join fertility friend, lazeyey, then my IM can follow it :)

What we're thinking of is for the months before we start I can do bbt and cheapies to start to get a good idea of my cycle again (after having my baby) and then get the monitor for when we start trying so we can have the more days in advance for them to know when to come.

How long does the monitor supposedly last? Does it have a warrenty? I can't seem to find that info online xx

I can't remember if my monitor had a warranty or not, but it lasts for a long time. I have had it for years. The only downside is that you need to buy sticks for it every cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"