OPKs, CM, CP and BBT

Rachie004

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm new to all this so please forgive me for such a novice question. I'm popping over from WTT as I have stopped taking the pill 3 weeks ago and we're sort of WTT and sort of NTNP.

I've started charting and have a batch of OPKs to hopefully 'back it up'.
I haven't been very consistent in using the OPKs so I expect that is where I have gone wrong this month but I just wanted to ask for future reference.

Where in the process of CM and CP changing would I get a positive OPK?
I thought I had perhaps ovulated a couple of days ago but didn't have a temp shift however today I have a little EWCM, CP is still high, soft and open so I'm still holding out hope that I am/will ovulate.

Could I have used anymore abbreviations for my title, lol.

Thank you for reading xx

I don't check my cervix but basically everyones experience with opk can be different. With me I usually get ewcm 2 or 3 days leading up to a pos opk. I get a fade in pattern where I get an *almost* pos then next day true pos, then back to an almost pos then neg again (if I bother testing after the pos) you can check my temp shift in my siggy is a link. My temps tend to go higher about 3dpo. Also right after ov all that ewcm dries right up. Best of luck!

yes i get ewcm or watery cm afew days before my positive opk.. high soft open cervix is the best fertile position. take opk's atleast 2 times a day until you notice a darker line then test as much as possible until you get a positive.. after you ovulate your temp will rise i found the temp rise to be the day after my positive opk. Do you use Fertility friend to chart ?

I'm new to charting and OPK's as well but I have noticed that I have several days of watery/EWCM before my chart says I O. This past month is the first time I have used an OPK and I had one day of EWCM after my OPK read positive. I have been halfheartedly charting for the past 3 months but have noticed that my temp spike comes on the last day of EWCM and then I am either dry or creamy (sorry TMI). Hope this helps. I'm probably not the best source since I am so new to both but info is info.

I get several days of EWCM and have a very short LH surge, and have missed it with an OPK, so test multiple times a day.

Thank you for all of the replies. I had some more EWCM yesterday although my cervix was still open it seemed lower and not as soft. I have however had a temp shift of .5 of a degree this morning so I'm hoping I've ovulated - I feel strangely proud of myself :blush: It's unlikely that I'll be pregnant this month because work has prevented BD :blush:

I've been using fertility friend and a paper chart. My temps have been a bit all over the place this month which I'm presuming is due to the pill leaving my system. Is it worth buying the VIP package or whatever it's called?

I'll give OPKs a go, it's difficult for me to test twice a day on the days I'm at work but I think I have a better idea of when to aim for now.

I wish I had found out about charting years ago, I just think it is absolutely superb. The changes our bodies go through are fascinating! xx

Good luck, baby dust to you all xx

when u register with fertility friend you get so long free and there are other places you can use free as i refuse to pay for vip on FF :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->