OPKs off ebay - do they work?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Delilah, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Delilah

Delilah Mom to Nathan Ulysses

I bought some opk's from ebay from a seller called Fertility Plan who has excellent ratings and I have no problem with the seller BUT this is month 2 of me using them and I am worried they dont work!

I average 28 day cycles but month 1 of using them I had 26 cd's and got one faint positive on day 15 (but I was POAS too late in the evening around 7.30pm so I thought I could have missed more) - the line wasnt as dark as the control line but definitely there.

So this month I have been POAS between 2pm & 4pm and am on CD 14 today but up to yesterday nothing.

Do you only get one day when you get a line or if I am about to ov today / tomorrow should i get the line for a few days?

Worried i might need to buy some more expensive ones but wanted some advice before i go and spend more money!

2. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

I got mine from fertility plan and they worked for me. There were a couple of months where my positive wasn't quite as dark as the control line but it was obviously my surge as I'd get a much fainter line the day before, nothing the day after and my temps seemed to show that I had ovulated (are you temping as well?) x

ETA - I used to take one at 2pm and one at 6pm x

3. susanneb1984

susanneb1984 Well-Known Member

I also got my OPK's from Ebay and they worked fine for me, but I do know women who they haven't worked for.
    I'd keep testing for a few more days, or test with a digi one as well, least then there's a smiley face or no face and you'll know.

Good Luck
    xx

4. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I get mine from saveontests.com

5. Delilah

Thanks I'll keep at it for a few days with the tests I have - we are bd regular too so fx'd.

No I am not temping I tried last month and couldnt work it out I was way below the chart temps like 93 etc - may have to revisit that if no success this month

xx

6. lili24

lili24 Preggers with #2!

I get all of mine from Fertility Plan and I have never had a postive. I now have a clearblue fertility monitor which seems to be working but I'm still not sure I am ovulating. I did a bit of reading about ovulation tests because I was concerned that I wasn't getting positives. Most websites say some womens LH surge is so short that OPKs don't always pick it up, so you should start to do 2 tests a day. I did but it still didn't work...

There was a post on here yesterday about ovulation tests and it said they are not very reliable at all for a lot of women.

I'm going to keep doing them for now since they are cheap and it feeds my pee on a stick addiction, lol... I have started to temp as well though so I can get a better idea of what's going on! xx

7. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I have never had a problem with them.

8. Jessa

Jessa Guest

I've never had a problem with the cheap ones off eBay. In fact, here's mine from today at 7am. Control line is on the right. Doesn't get much darker than that. Keep testing!

[​IMG]

9. ACLIO

ACLIO Well-Known Member

I'm using them at the moment but haven't had a bfp yet and I'm 10 days late. Trying to keep my hopes up

10. Delilah

Thanks guys I'll up the testing for the next few days xx

11. Delilah

Good luck Aclio xx

12. KnitWit

KnitWit Well-Known Member

Ive used these OPK's from ebay alot and never seem to get a positive on them so have decided to bin them. Might invest in a CBFM as lots of people rave about them on here.

13. mrav1

mrav1 Mom and expecting..

I have been buying it from Fertility plan too- they work but I never get darker positive than test line. I test twice from 8dpo to make sure not too miss ov. Also, charting helps me- I know my lowest temp and if I get relatively darker line then I know.

Good luck!

14. becsparkel

becsparkel Mummy to George

I've bought a load from fertilityplan but I haven't had any luck at all this month. I got a faint one on cd8 but then nothing, not even a faintt line since! It may have something to do with dilution - they say you shouldn't drink 4 hours before hand but I can't see to manage that...

x

15. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

i got mine from fertilityplan & they worked fine!
    xx

16. Delilah

I think I may be diluting my urine - I drink min 2 ltrs of water a day - will try tomorrow to not drink too much in advance and see how I go xx