OPK's..yes or no??

goingforit

Reaction score
So ...i'm going into my third month of trying to conceive and currently only taking folic acid.

I just wanted to know whether doing OPK were worthwhile?? how do they work and where are they cheap!!

thanks xx

So ...i'm going into my third month of trying to conceive and currently only taking folic acid.

I just wanted to know whether doing OPK were worthwhile?? how do they work and where are they cheap!!

thanks xx

hiya hun x

i hope u concieve i really do im ttc myself and im using opks they can help u pinpoint when your ovulating which can be very helpfull for catching your egg x

how they work is you wil get a control line which will be dark and your test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be positive if its lighther than the control line its negative, when you get a positve it means your egg will be realesed in next 12-36hrs ie your fertile so get bding x

another way which many of us use websites such as my montly cycles where you put in your 1st day of af (period) and it will work out all your dates for u x
this is one i use as last mth the opks worked great for me but at the mo their not workin as good for me and you carnt always rely on them not everyone gets results on them x

you can buy the opk cheap off amazon they do gret deal where u can mix and match opks with some hpt or just buy the opks i got 50opks for £5.99bargin x

hope this helps and good luck xx:hugs:

Yup I agree, using them are the way forward!

Thanks ladies...after being on BCP for over 9 years I really just want to know if i am even ovulating (read somewhere on here that you can bleed and not be ovulating). So when would I start testing with these?

I thought they were very useful- let me and dh take a break and let me not feel guilty for no :sex: Got mine at early-pregnancy-tests.com. I bought the ones that you dip in a cup - not midstream ones & found it very easy. I did it 2ce a day starting on like day 10. I peed in the cup and if it was light colored I would just toss it. If it was dark (in the pm after not drinking for an hour or 2) then dip in the test strip- lay it across the cup and let it sit. If it was lighter than test line - means no surge yet- if it is as dark or darker then you have the surge & should ovulate within 12-48 hrs. Last month I :sex: on CD 14,15,16, 17th had surge and BD, 18th had surge and BD, 19th No surge and BD for the one last time.
I bought preseed too from the same place and used it for the first time last month & thought it was helpful as well. Let me know if you have other questions about it - will be happy to explain more. :dust:

I found them very useful and the IC ones are just as good as the more expensive ones

Did you do temping as well? Am i right in thinking its your normal thermometer and taking it first thing each morning before you get out of bed? Thanks in advance!

I temped and although I hate waking up at weekend at first I found it really helful

I tried temping and found it annoying and my temp was all over the place so I gave up - I told myself though that I would start taking again if I didnt get my bfp. So I think you have to get in the groove of doing it. Esp at such an early time in the morning. I got a bbt thermometer - it is supposed to show more variance with even a small change. Have heard such good things about temping and people who are really glad they are doing it to know their cycle better.

BBT...?? I have a Braun Thermo scan digital ear thermometer. Will that work? So I could do it at say 6am every day?

I don't know if that will work or not - mine was specifically for basal body temp. to be used orally. Have heard some women temp vaginally also but not heard if ear temp will be accurate? Maybe someone else knows?

So where do you buy these from and are they expensive....mouth ones? (sorry for my silly questions)

No not silly - feeling like so many women on here helped me that I would like to help others - also helps me not be freaking out about myself right now! HA! (still in shock)

I got mine online at same place as preseed and opks - my whole bill for opks, preseed, and thermometer was under $50 and didnt pay shipping. Think preseed was maybe 15 of that amount.

hi iv been using the cheapy ebay opk stripes and they havnt worked for me im only getting faint 2nd line for two days and i know i ovulate as i get regular 28 day cycles and no health problems.
Im now using the clear blue fertiliy monitor hoping it works better for me.
Goodluck!

hi I am temping on ff and used opk for the first time last month, it didnt happen for us this time but I like to know when O is about to happen and then I can confirm it with temp rise a few days later. Although last 2 cycles temps have been all over the place.
Ask lots of questions, everyone is soooooo nice here and will readily help you.
As I am an older mum at 44yr I am trying other things too such as pregnacare, B-50 and this month Agnus Castus. I have just found out that soya products can cause the sperm to peak too soon before they have even got to the egg so I am now cutting out my soya milk too.
You will find out so much from from searching and reading threads on here.
wishing you lots of :dust:
:hug:

i started temping and using opks last cycle - found it so helpful! had I not been doing this I would have assumed I ov'd around 2 weeks into my cycle, then been going crazy symptoms spotting, spending money on tests and being reall yupset when :witch: arrived. instead I found out that I hadn't ov'd at all that cycle - frustrating yes but so good to know, and if it happens again i'll be off to the docs armed with all the information i can throw at them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->