OPKs

Shelby2007

Khyler Rae born 1/26/10
Reaction score
Just a quick question. On friday I have an ovulation pain (mittelschmerz.. or however you spell it).. which was early! Saturday morning we :sex: .. went and ran errands.. came home and still had ovulation like pains.. so i took a OPK and it was positive..(wow it came early???).. and sunday morning i took another OPK and it was positive with the test line a lot darker than the control line.. so we :sex: that morning..

my question is.. do you think we BD at the right time.. or is there a chance that you have already ovulated and received a POS OPK?

sorry.... or is there a chance that i already ovulated and received a pos OPK..

I think you ov the day after your pos opk?? What type of opk are you using?

the answer brand.. so you think i actually ovulated on sunday? i took a test yesturday and it was negative..

i figured since it was so much darker on sunday.. that ovulation was about to happen.. i think we timed it just right.. now just fingers crossed.. if i hadnt been for my abdomon pains i would have never known.. sheesh..

Hi

I would say that you ov on Sunday so you bd at the right time.

Good luck.

xx

I found this on Fertility Friend:

My chart shows that I ovulated the same day as my positive OPK. I thought ovulation happened the day after a positive OPK. Is it possible to ovulate the same day as getting a positive OPK?

When you are using ovulation prediction kits (or devices that measure luteinizing hormone), you can usually expect ovulation to occur the day after your first positive result. This is because (LH) luteinizing hormone, the hormone measured by OPKs and the hormone responsible for triggering the rupture of the ovarian sac, typically surges the day before ovulation. In some cases, however, you will see ovulation on the same day as the positive result. There are a few factors that can help explain how this happens.

First, remember that when you are reading your OPK, you are seeing a snapshot of your LH surge. You do not really know whether you are seeing the beginning, peak or trail of the surge. What you know is that your LH is at a level that is detectable as a surge by the kit. It may have started to surge soon after your test the previous day and be starting to trail, or it may be just starting to surge. In a case where it looks on the chart as if ovulation occurred the same day as the surge, here is what may have happened:

1. LH started to surge during the night or early in the morning and was detected by your OPK in the early afternoon.

2. Ovulation occurred sometime in the evening or night, several hours after your positive OPK, possibly several hours longer than when the LH actually started to surge.

3. Your temperature is up in the morning, indicating ovulation for the previous day, the same day as the positive OPK, even though many hours have elapsed between the LH surge and your temperature rise.

Shelby2007, We :sex: on the Thursday, I got my first positive OPK on the Friday, we couldn't :sex: on the Friday due to DH coming in from work then we went straight out overnight visiting, we then :sex: again on the Saturday morning. Then to be honest we didn't :sex: again for a week or so....life got in the way :juggle:

I got my :bfp: 9 days later at 9DPO!

I was stressing coz I didn't think we had caught it in time, and was convinced we had missed it all, and I was out for the month. So I think you have a good chance....just relax and wait and see :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->