Oral BBT temperature issues

Taima

Reaction score
Hey :) I'm new here just signed up to this forum however I been reading a lot if posts in the past month. I'm 22 and ttc baby #1. This is my first month ttc. This is the second month charting. I use oral temperature and I noticed that the deeper you insert the thermometer the higher the temperature gets (the more you push it into the skin below your tongue. How can I be sure that I'm getting accurate temperature reading? Anyone have experience in this?

I know the question is silly but I take my temp a couple times to confirm but I keep getting different readings. It makes me wonder if I'm charting inn accurate day to day readings. Thanks :)

I can't say I've ever thought about that, I usually just stick the thermometer in my mouth and record whatever pops up :/

That's never been a problem for me, so I'm guessing consistency is key here. Just stick to one way of temping and you should be fine.

Thanks a lot. You're right. I shouldn't over analyze it.

I've heard too that digital thermometers might give you a different reading depending on if it was cold to start with or if it's been warmed up a little. So maybe your second and third temperatures are different because of the change in the thermometers temperature. If you always use the first temperature and try your best to put your thermometer in the same place it'll probably be accurate.

You are right, there is something to that! There are "hot spots" near the base of your tongue. https://i42.tinypic.com/15mfeqf.jpg

I always try to keep the thermometer in the same spot in my mouth to avoid inaccuracies but really, my allergies have been so bad this cycle that my temps are a mess. I think I will switch to vaginal temping. It's supposed to be much more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->