Oral or vag...?

GdaneMom4now

IVF/ICSI TWINS/PREG #3
Reaction score
I'm 2 days past last day of my period...not sure on cycle day, but thinking of switching it up to vaginal temps for my chart...as I heard it is more accurate...any input from you gals? I'm not a mouth breather...just wondering if it makes that much difference?

Hi Gd, didn't want to r&r but the title of your post made me crack up something rotten! Haven't heard the word 'vag' in a while lol!:haha: Not 100% sure if it would be more accurate if you don't breathe through your mouth during sleep so it would be interesting to see if anyone else has converted from oral to vaginal.

I haven't tried temping vaginally as the thought of shoving a thermometer up me flower as soon as I wake up gives way to the real possibility of me going for the wrong hole! :nope: I'm not fully compus mentus until I've had my coffee!

GL in getting an answer (and if you wouldn't mind coming back after this cycle and letting us know how the temps differ from your oral ones, that'd be great!) :) xx

I'm sorry I am not too sure :(
I know it sounds disgusting but they say to get an accurate (core) temperature you should get it from your anus ... Well this is what I was taught in college recently. So if they've taught it me incorrectly I do apologise for giving you this tip lol!

I am deffo switching to vag next cycle as I am a part time mouth breather :haha: and my temps are so erratic!

I've been using anal temp and I find it more accurate just takes some getting use to :haha:

I am thinking of switching it up next cycle as well. Currently temping orally. My question for those who temp vaginally is, do you do it during AF too??? Isn't that kind of... gross (not to mention I wouldn't just be able to put the thermometer down, snooze/turn off the alarm, and go back to sleep!)

I'd be too scared to change! Imagine doing Anal temp then next morning forgetting and doin it oral! Ooops!

I'd be too scared to change! Imagine doing Anal temp then next morning forgetting and doin it oral! Ooops!

:haha: While I would probably not be amused if I was the one to do that, the situation it itself is amusing. I hope I'd be able to laugh about it later!

:haha: May be unpleasant to say the least.

You just made me spit water onto my keyboard! Hilarious.

And gross.

Maybe we should all color-code our thermometers?? :dohh:

This cycle I switched to vaginal form oral. I didn't think I was getting an accurate reading with oral. I wake up, temp, input the reading into my phone, then go back to sleep. FYI...I keep a small pack of baby wipes on the bedside table to wipe off the thermometer when I am done. lol

Always done vag (lol vag, that really made me chuckle :D) I didn't realise you could do it any other way till I joined bnb, so been vag'in it for just over a year lol I'm so stupid thought the 'basal' part of bbt meant the base of your body ie (in my silly mind) in one of your base holes so I picked the vag rather than the bum (always get a bit queasy at thought of anything going in there) haha ;) xxxxx

I switched to vag because I sleep with my mouth open and the fan on high, it's super cold at my house. I use alcohol pads to wipe it off everynight. I find them to be more accurate :) They are generally higher than oral temps so start as soon as you get off your period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->