Oral Thrush - Any tips?

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
Liss has had Oral thrush for absolutely ages, we started treatment at 6 weeks (she is now nearly 12 weeks) We have been tooing and froing from Daktarin and Nystatin (sp?) for weeks. Yet still she has it. The yellow liquid she is starting to keep in now but still spits quit a bit out, so I end up giving her a little more than suggested to compensate. I put it into her cheek using a syringe but still somedays we get big globs coming back out. Anyone have any suggestions on a) how to keep in and b) is there any other wonderful medication that hasn't been offered to us?

We used Gentian Violet, you get it at a health food store or online. It's purple and will sain but works. You also have to be sure to boil pacifiers, nipples to bottles, teethers everyday or they will keep re-infecting themselves

We used Gentian Violet, you get it at a health food store or online. It's purple and will sain but works. You also have to be sure to boil pacifiers, nipples to bottles, teethers everyday or they will keep re-infecting themselves

Oh my mum mentioned that to me, but thought it was another of her adult remedies that 'should work' so put the thought to one side. Everything gets sterilised before use, even the milk dispensers we use and the syringe. I am fanatical about it for this reason. I got treated for the thrush too and the nipple symptoms I had have gone and hasn't reoccurred. I may try that Violet stuff How do we administer?

This might help a lot
https://drjacknewman.com/help/Candida-Protocol.asp

We had this prob and nope I don't have it on my nipples. I've used 2 bottles of that yellow liquid now and it hasn't made any difference. She's had a white tongue since birth virtually and I wonder if it's not even thrush as I don't seem to be getting it even though I'm breastfeeding:dohh:

Thrush is very persistent and in my experience it just keeps coming back unless you cut out all sugar and yeast from you diet. Which is miserable and difficult since it includes fruit etc. Eating olive oil and garlic regularly will help. I hope it clears up for you soon.

hey u, just wanted to say poor larissa hope she gets better soon x

I just took a qtip (cotton swab) and used one side for his mouth and then another side for each of my breasts so I wasn't spreading it possibly, never dipped again in the bottle after touching it to either of us..I have no clue if it would contaminate it but I was paranoid lol. My pediatrician actually recommended it, I had chosen to do the prescription first but she said from the beginning if it didn't work to try that and I wish I did from the beginning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->