Oral Thrush

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
When I took Brenn to the doctor this morning for another matter, the doc noticed he had a tiny spot of oral thrush. She has prescribed a medication for him. I asked for something as well, and she told me to use 2% Lotrimin lotion ever time he nurses. I couldn't find that, but did find 1%, which the nurse and pharmacist said would be ok. What have you ladies used? I don't think it has passed to me yet, or if it has it is very early as I am have not noticed any pain. I am not thrilled about using the lotion as I now have to wash my nipples off before he feeds, and what am I going to do at night?!?!

:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy: I guess after having avoided this for 10 1/2 months I had hoped not to ever have to deal with it at all.

I was told the same thing...it did NOT work and we both got it much worse. I ended up getting gentian violet and it works so fast!! For both of us! It does stain though but worth it cause if it gets worse it hurts really bad

I have had it and no treatment worked until i insisted on a 2 week course of fluconazole which was suggester by my local LLL leader as other treatments used for vaginal thrush aren't strong enough to get rid of it in the breast.

never had it hun but wanted to send u both :hug: i hope u dont catch it x

Hiya,

WHat a shame!!!

I was prescribed a cream (clotrimazole 1%) for my nips/areolas when I had symptoms. I have to say the cream made the area redder, then the area became dry and rough...... I think I must have had an extreme reaction???!!! I think the cream worked temporarilly though.

I'm def no doctor, but would you be tempted to see how you go before you treat yourself??

Yes, night times are a pain if you feed during the night. I used to take a small pot of soapy water with me and some cotton wool to bed, to rinse the cream off before a feed.

I have heard gential violet is good too.

I called LLL for advice and support.

Crap!!!! xxxx

Well as luck would have it my monthly LLL is today, so I am headed there shortly to speak to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->