• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

oral thrush ??

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
has anyones babiy ha doral thrush ? I think Kaitlin might have it..........

Today I was wondering why she is fussing so much when feeding, she has been feeding little and often, when she usually has a good feed and goes 3 hours, but today she would cry for a feed then only feed for a few minutes. She has been really unsettled and not a happy bunny......then I noticed her tongue is white, I dont think its from her milk as it was a good while after her feed and its been there all day, she has also been coughing and gagging.

Im going to take her the docs tomorow, but does it sound like oral thrush ? xxx

Well max got this once and he got meds it went away pretty quick ..I noticed his toungue being all white and he had lil white blisters on his cheeks (inside)

If you wipe the white parts and it doesnt come away - it is probably thrush

As the PP said, if you notice plentiful tiny white specs in your baby's mouth, and you try and wipe them away, yet it doesn't go away--then its thrush. Your doctor will probably prescribe you an antifungal like Nystatin. it's easily curable, but make sure that you give your child all of the medicine...it will come back unless fully cured!

Are u bf'ing? Savannah has thrush and given it to me, makes bf'ing so painful! Haven't noticed that she has a problem with it

Jayce had oral thrush and sounds exactly like what you are describing. He would cry for feeds but the thrush made it so uncomfortable to suck... and he had a hard time latching to his bottle. Also what the other girls said if the white on his cheeks doesnt wipe away, and the white on his tongue stays for more than 1/2 and hour after a feed then its thrush. Make sure that if your breastfeeding that you treat yourself aswell, or you will just pass it back and forth and it is a bitch to get rid of.

I am breastfeeding, but my nipples seem ok, they aren't sore or anything. And I cant see anything on the inside of her cheeks, its just her tongue, but it is there all the time, even when she slept 6 hours last night it was still there :-( will make a docs apt now, thanks girls xx

Grab some daktarin and rub it on ur nipples before an after each feed, it's safe for bub. An some Nilstat drops for bub.

thanks hun got docs apt at 3.30 so should hopefully get prescribed it xxx

U don't need a prescription darl, just ask the chemist. Hope it gets sorted :) Oh, and make sure u sterilise anything that comes into contact with ur nipples or bubs mouth- dummies, bottles etc

U don't need a prescription darl, just ask the chemist. Hope it gets sorted :) Oh, and make sure u sterilise anything that comes into contact with ur nipples or bubs mouth- dummies, bottles etc

:dohh: do I not need to go the docs about it ? I want to see the doc about her colic anyway so I will ask him about it while Im there. Thanks hun xx

:dohh: do I not need to go the docs about it ? I want to see the doc about her colic anyway so I will ask him about it while Im there. Thanks hun xx

Yes you do need to see a doctor for it, because if it is thrush Kaitlin will need to be treated with a prescription, usually they use nystatin (sp?) plus you should never treat babies for anything without it being diagnosed. As for the nipple thing, when Jayce had it I had it aswell but didnt think I did, cause My breasts felt no different, no pain or itchyness at all, but we passed it back and forth for a good month before my doctor decided to treat me with diflucan and it went away within a day. If it is thrush it is MUCH easier to treat and get rid of if you catch it sooner rather than later. Good luck.

Yeah, my son had thrush when he was like 10.5 months old (his one and only time), and it never got on my nipples at all. It was weird! I thought it was really easily spreadable!

Yes you do need to see a doctor for it, because if it is thrush Kaitlin will need to be treated with a prescription, usually they use nystatin (sp?) plus you should never treat babies for anything without it being diagnosed. As for the nipple thing, when Jayce had it I had it aswell but didnt think I did, cause My breasts felt no different, no pain or itchyness at all, but we passed it back and forth for a good month before my doctor decided to treat me with diflucan and it went away within a day. If it is thrush it is MUCH easier to treat and get rid of if you catch it sooner rather than later. Good luck.

Thanks hun, Iv been prescribed those drops, but nothing for me.....I had a bit of a shooting pain in my left breast last night, but it might just have been becuase they were quite full, so I'll just hope the drops clear it up and we dont pass it back and forth! I think we caught it early as it was jsut on her tongue nowhere else in her mouth, so figners crossed.

I got Nilstat drops for bub without a prescription.

I got Nilstat drops for bub without a prescription.

It must be different over there then... cause here we need a prescription for it... but nilstat is the same as nystatin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"