Orgasm and miscarriage

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 4w5d and I had an orgasm this morning, I didn't have any cramping afterwards but I'm now sick with worry as I've done some googling and found a lot of women saying they miscarried shortly after or a day after orgasm in the first trimester. Now I'm so terrified I'm almost crying :(
Does anyone have any anecdotes or information on this?

I think the only way this could happen is either by coincidence, if the baby hasn't implanted properly, or if there is an abnormality that could effect the implantation site such as an SCH. With my first pregnancy my sex drive was the highest it has ever been in my entire life before or after and orgasm didn't have any negative effects what so ever.. The baby doesn't know what's going on but the endorphins are beneficial if anything. Try not to worry. (But that's your job now, lol) I have an SCH this time around and initially was put on "pelvic rest" as a precaution for a few days but once it started to heal my OBGYN told me nothing I do or don't do will change what the outcome will be so his advice to me was to live my life so that's the advice I'm passing along to you.

Oh, one more thing! Spotting after sex can be normal as well because of the increased blood flow to the cervix. Sometimes there is a delay in it showing up as it takes a little while to travel downwards.

My gyn says that short of extreme trauma or no no's there is nothing a women can do to cause or prevent early MC. It's all genetically determined at conception. But orgasming definitely will not cause you to MC. Also second everything Weebles said. :)

Thank you both so much. I do feel better.
I read quite a few women on other old forums saying they had miscarried very soon after orgasming and that really scared me, but then someone else saying apparently if that happens it's because the pregnancy has already stopped and it had been a missed mc until the orgasm started the expulsion process, but that orgasm couldn't expel a healthy and implanted embryo. So I hope that's the case and you ladies have reassured me too. I probably will swear off orgasms now just because of the anxiety, at least for this tri. I had a LOT of orgasms in third tri with my son and that was fine, it's more just the risk of mc now that's scared me a bit.

Honestly, an orgasm will not damage a healthy pregnancy. The only risk is if you have a sch and even then it is probably not going to do much harm.

I had a sch during the first trimester of this pregnancy and was put on pelvic rest, however, if I do not have sex or masturbate, my body orgasms naturally in my sleep to release any sexual pressure so I can't really get away with "no orgasms" and my baby is still safely inside and the sch is gone now.

Really try to relax. If your pregnancy is viable orgasms will not harm the baby.

I had bleeding at 8 weeks due immediately following intercourse. Bright red blood, I was hysterical, but knew if I was losing the baby there was nothing I could do. Had a scan and could see where the rupture had happened but baby was floating about and heart was beating. I think they are pretty resilient little things. It's still put me right off sex, much to OH's annoyance! I don't think that sex or climaxing would cause a miscarriage unless there was an underlying medical reason. Still not risking it myself till I've had my 12 week scan though!! Lol x

I have had lots or orgasms during the first tri in all my pregnancies, no harm done. Sex did irritate my cervix a bit in my last pregnancy, but just a little pink spotting, no harm to baby.

I had an early miscarriage and there were no orgasms involved.

Thank you very much ladies for helping put my mind at rest.
I saw the doctor today about something else and I overcame the blushes and asked her - she said if sex, orgasm, or anything similar brings on a miscarriage then it's because it wasn't a viable pregnancy anyway. So, basically what you've all said!

Glad you are reassured. My sex drive has been quite high whilst pregnant so I have had a few and my baby is fine in there - hope they don't get sea sick :rofl:

Glad you're feeling more assured! All I have to say just echo's everyone else. Enjoy your sex drive! I sure hope mine comes back:haha:

Oh, please don't go another 2 months without an orgasm unless your doctor says you have to abstain. What a grumpy bunch we would all be! :) A miscarriage usually occurs because the embryo would not make a healthy baby. An orgasm could surely kickstart the miscarriage if it's going to happen anyway (i.e. the cervix is open to expel the pregnancy), but it won't cause you to miscarry a healthy baby during a healthy pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->