Orgasm during birth?

I couldn't have during labour but I did it without drugs. Im having an epi this time so im hoping not to feel much of anything at all, orgasm or otherwise :haha:

No chance I could. I would die of embarrassement if it did happen, so would just refuse it! lol. Having my mom there, my midwife...I'd rather poop on the table thanks!

I doubt I would either. And I don't think I would want to poop either. In fact really hoping that I don't LOL waay too embarrassing. And even though the nurses don't say anything about it I know my husband would comment and make me feel so embarrased and horrible about it.

My husband said I didn't...I think he'd tell me, but you never know. Tell your husband to keep his mouth shut! lol. No one needs to talk about it. I seriously don't think that you'd ever know or really care if you did.
I've travelled many time around the world and I've had to poop in some pretty public places...side of the road in india. Group poops in Tibet...so maybe I'm a little more relaxed about this kind of thing! lol.

Wow really? Never heard of this... but a much better feeling I'm sure than the "norm"!

I can't imagine how it's possible... but I wouldn't discount anything really when it comes to pregnancy!

No chance I could. I would die of embarrassement if it did happen, so would just refuse it! lol. Having my mom there, my midwife...I'd rather poop on the table thanks!

I doubt I would either. And I don't think I would want to poop either. In fact really hoping that I don't LOL waay too embarrassing. And even though the nurses don't say anything about it I know my husband would comment and make me feel so embarrased and horrible about it.

Your husband won't know. They'll distract him if it looks imminent and then whisk it away before he sees anything. Trust me, I've been in that boat. Women who are induced have a much higher incidence of pooing during labor because you don't get that natural emptying in the days leading up to the birth.

Well that is good to know cause my husband is the type that opens his mouth before thinking about what he is saying and so embarrasses me constantly, which I really do hate and been worrying about this.

What?!? I was just doing some research on giving birth and came across several pages talking about women who actually orgasm during childbirth and don't feel any pain. Can this even be true? Anyone ever hear of this?

Twice; one woman I knew a long time ago told me she masturbated to orgasm early in labor, to hasten it (I don't recall if she said this worked).
Another, who had four children, told me the first birth was painful, the second uncomfortable, the third tolerable, and the fourth "orgasmic".
I'm not sure if she was being literal.

I should add that both of these gals were rather flaky and full of shit, so I have no idea whether either one of them was telling the truth.

I dont know and its funny that its the sort of thing the 'natural ladies' are talking about online, seems like if you are skipping the epidural you are more likely going to be screaming your balls off than feeling randy! Plus it seems kind of weird to want to sexualize childbirth...I mean I guess that's what it all started with, but still! Call me a prude but I think even if I had a choice I would not be down!

No way.
My last birth, it felt like my pelvis was shattering. I felt closer to being hit by a truck than I did an orgasm.

I would have preferred the big O though. . . .

One of the things I love most about BnB is how wonderfully supportive and encouraging almost everyone I've met on here has been towards me and others. I truly value other ladies' candidness about their experiences as it gives us all more information about what's out there and what could happen to us (good, bad or otherwise). It makes me sad to see people's embarrassment over something like this (orgasm during birth) lead them to make insensitive comments that could quite rightly make someone who has simply and honestly shared their experience feel very bad about having done so. A little more tact and thought for others is greatly appreciated here.

Personally, I think having an orgasm during birth would feel more like a privilege from the gods rather than something to feel embarrassed about. Besides, who (outside yourself) is going to notice the difference between regular labour/birth faces/noises/responses and an orgasm? The entire birthing experience can be seen as embarrassing if you choose to think about it that way. I'm really pleased to know it isn't a myth. Thank you Pip for sharing. :)

I agree allmuddledup :)

I have read a few books which include sections on orgasm during birth, and while it is something I would neither expect nor aim for - I certainly wouldn't mind if it did happen, lol!!

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bm9-B6Ec4

I watched that video on here awhile back and couldn't help thinking WOW, me and hubby are doing something all wrong if she's having an orgasm from a kiss :thumbup: LOL

Pip, I think that's awesome that you were able to experience something pleasant during a painful process :thumbup: If I could make it happen without ehm.. manual stimulation I would probably be just fine with it - but I can't imagine having the motivation to touch myself, and god help my husband if he tries to touch me in any sexual manner while I'm in labor LOL

As I understand it, birth orgasms are entirely involuntary and caused by the pressure of baby coming down the birth canal and the stretching that puts pressure on the right places (no manual stimulation involved). I would guess there is probably a correlation between how relaxed you are at the time as well. Most women get really tensed up during labour (understandably - it bloody hurts!) but for those that are able to find a way to relax through the contractions and stay relatively calm during birth I can see how it would be entirely possible to have an orgasm as baby is exiting and the pressure changes on all those sensitive parts. I would see it as something to look forward to, not to fear!!

Well, I've been an OB nurse for 12 years and I've never had a patient experience this.

If it happens to you, consider yourself very, very lucky.

Ha Ha ha!....Cant help but say Big Baloney! :)
But really great if its possible! I will pay thousands if someone can teach me that!
What will be totally awesome is for each contraction we orgasm as well!

One of the things I love most about BnB is how wonderfully supportive and encouraging almost everyone I've met on here has been towards me and others. I truly value other ladies' candidness about their experiences as it gives us all more information about what's out there and what could happen to us (good, bad or otherwise). It makes me sad to see people's embarrassment over something like this (orgasm during birth) lead them to make insensitive comments that could quite rightly make someone who has simply and honestly shared their experience feel very bad about having done so. A little more tact and thought for others is greatly appreciated here.

Personally, I think having an orgasm during birth would feel more like a privilege from the gods rather than something to feel embarrassed about. Besides, who (outside yourself) is going to notice the difference between regular labour/birth faces/noises/responses and an orgasm? The entire birthing experience can be seen as embarrassing if you choose to think about it that way. I'm really pleased to know it isn't a myth. Thank you Pip for sharing. :)

I wasn't trying to offend anyone or saying your a weirdo for if you were lucky enough to have one during labor. I just had come across this several times and thought how is it even possible. Cause everything I know about it is it is painful as hell, and not many are excited to go through it. I think that anyone that can or does or has in the past is lucky and i think that is great for them. I just don't think it is a very common thing to experience though. I wish that some people would not try to make everything a debate. No where in my OP was I demeaning to anyone, only asked if anyone had experience themselves, or knew anyone who had cause I just found it difficult to believe could happen. I think that Pip having experienced this is great for her and if it happens again for her that is great.

Wow, I hope I'm one of the lucky ones! :haha:

I had a natural birth, no epidural no nothing... Mine was not a screaming birth either (I think movies exaggerate a bit...but that is just me) and I can completely understand how PHYSICALLY it would be possible to have an orgasm. You must understand that it is a physical reaction that you have no control over... if the baby is putting pressure/friction in the right place then guess what? It can happen. It is nothing to be embarrassed about (well at least I am not THAT loud when I do experience one...or I can tone it down) Your baby will not be traumatized by it either LOL... it is something you can experience for yourself and not have to tell the world about it if you don't feel like it. There are so many things going on with the pushing that frankly I doubt ANYONE outside of yourself would notice if you had an actual orgasm or not.

Gosh I have heard about this before. I suppose it wouldn't be possible with an epidural therefore I'll have to opt for the orgasm another time:shrug:

I've seen dome vids on YouTube about this. I think it would take some serious mind over matter.

I just read the title of the thread to my husband and he said 'I don't think the midwife would appreciate it if I did'. Made me laugh :haha:

HAHAHA - just read that out to MY husband and he laughed is ass off! Men, eh??!?? ;-) xxx

have you watched orgasmic birth?that would give you a whole new insight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->