Orgasm during first trimester?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bke, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bke

bke Well-Known Member

I´m only about 5 weeks pregnant and hoping, like all of us, that my little bean will stick for the next 8 months. I was just wondering.. every time me and DH have sex I´m so lucky to orgasm and then I get a bit of cramping. So I worry about miscarriage of course.

Is cramping normal? Is it advised to stay away from sex the first weeks of pregnancy to avoid miscarriage??

Thanks!

2. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

my god i was just about to post this.... i await replies as i am scared to aswell as i assume it will contract the womb?
    x

3. Mellage

Mellage Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

Sex is fine to carry on with, you only need to stop on advice of a midwive, a bit of pink spotting afterwards is normal too

4. ahava

ahava me & hubby

when i was last pregnant, ill never forget , the pregnancy orgasm is just OMG...and i got so much cramping after it was awfully painful. So this time, even though im climbing the walls in desperation, ive not done one.... omg... and frightened to do one...maybe in the second trimester, .(could i last 9 months without one??)

5. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

ive got a bit of cramping but its all fine, totally brilliant sex in first tri. :D

6. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Orgasms for me during pregnancy are the BEST! I got some cramping after and brown blood and had to deal with the whole going to the ER and making sure everything was okay. I stopped having sex after that because the doctor told me to, it might of been because of my case of brown discharge but either way your taking a chance. I'd wait for the second trimester. I know its hard to wait though! :)

7. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

We've been having regular :sex: as well as regular orgasms and nothing untoward has happened so far :blush: I personally think that having regular orgasms do your body and mind the world of good and even more so when you're pregnant :) I get the cramps occasionally afterwards too but they're nothing severe, usually quite mild.

As already said, as long as there is no BLEEDING (spotting is quite normal but worth mentioning to MW if you do) then I cant see it being a problem. If you're still concerned tho, definately consult your GP or MW as they can advise you better :hugs:

8. Cazza89

Cazza89 Mummy of 1,expecting no.2

i used to get this ladies! Even before i was preg.
    Just leave it a week or 2 then try again. An orgasm is good for bubs due to the rush of blood etc that gets to him/her. I had spotting twice after the big 'o' too. I waited a few weeks and did it again and i was fine. I'm nearly 20wks now and still having sex, without problems. X

9. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Completely normal.

10. jessica rabbi

jessica rabbi Well-Known Member

when you orgasm/climax/cum what ever you wana call it lol ...the womb contracts .. thats why you may get a bit of cramping ... .sex it totally safe unless warnes by you midwife not to x

11. bke

bke Well-Known Member

Phheeeww! I was afraid the bean would just.. I don´t know, come loose from my uterian wall or something. :blush:

My dear little bean just took such a long time in making that I am petrified even to cough or drive over speedbumps. It´s good to know I´m not the only one that feels like this though! :rofl:

12. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

I get about 3 a night in my sleep and get cramping afterwards xx

*lucky mee hahaha*

13. Emskie

Emskie Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Oh my god, ive just joined up and that was one of my questions I was going to ask. This website is soooo helpful.:happydance:

14. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

i was worried about this too! but way too scared to :sex: anyway! my friend gave me an NHS pregnancy book that apparently you get given at a later scan and it says in there that sex and orgasms are good for you and the baby as it helps deliver oxygen and nutrients, and endorphins of course! Although it does advise you to check about having sex if you've had any bleeding etc.

15. third time

third time Well-Known Member

Definately not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had to restrain from any actio whatsoever on advice from midwife in EPU as suseptable (sorry about spelling) to mc!!!

Roll on week 14!!! :blush:

16. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

Totally normal!

17. Bumpontherun

Bumpontherun Well-Known Member

he he, I've had the cramping too and thought it was just me!! It's not exactly painful just weird. In fact I've been having it for a few weeks before I even knew I was pregnant. I've always been told that sex during pregnancy is safe unless you have specific problems like placenta over the cervix.

BKE I so know what you mean about knocking it loose! I went for my first run since finding out I was pregnant yesterday and I was so worried afterwords incase I'd dislogdged the baby.

18. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

OH was worried he'd "dislodge" the baby if we had sex :rofl: Bless!

19. charlottesma

charlottesma Mum to 2!

I was worried too, my head at school is a biology teacher she assures me that the cervix does most of the contracting and it's plugged so no danger.

20. rach_13216

rach_13216 Member

I was worried about this a while ago, and read that due to being worried during sex, you probably aren't completely relaxed. As a result you tense up muscles (stomach/ pelvic floor etc) and after sex, as the muscles relax, you get slight cramping. I know for me this was probably the case. Always worried about going in too far, so I probably spend more effort making sure this doesn't happen. I think the more you relax, the less this should happen. I've also read that orgasms are good for Mummy and baby!