'Original Jan 20th Testers' Pregnancy Chat :)

glad everything was great with your little lady :thumbup:

Yes will be induced at 38 weeks but they are encouraging me to try and get labour started naturally before that Mark! :) x

Oh thats different to here, but sounds good :) x

But if induction fails after one day it will be a C section again! So gotta bank on going into labour naturally, or induction being quick(but it took 2 days to get me into labour last time) xx

Hopefully be quicker 2nd time round hun as your body will know what to do :hugs:

Generally 2nd time is 'easier' so hopefully your body will go naturally for you this time. xx

Just wondering what kind of birth's are everyone planning? Natural, cs, home etc..

i would like to have a natural water birth at a birth centre if possible. I haven't actually decided where i want to give birth, where I live now ( we moved a couple of weeks ago) or where i used to live (100 miles away). I am still underthe care of the midwife where I used to live as i have an appt with her in a couple of weeks. I loved the birthing centre where i had Sophia, David stayed with me for the following 2 nights. We had a lovely double room, like a hotel really. There is no birthing centre near where I am now which is why i am in a quandry. I HATE the though of David having to leave me after the birth and being put on a ward.

So do I give birth locally but then i have to wait for my parents to drive (from where i used to live) to watch Sophia, or do I go back and have to do the drive myself (well David will drive)..................argh i just don't know!

ahh i see your dilema Shiv, for me 100 miles would be too far to travel in labour but then i guess you could leave before it got too uncomfortable?
I gave birth in hospital to Thomas and i had the same thoughts - of my oh having to leave me but luckily where i had Thomas at 2.40am they didn't make him leave and he was able to stay with me until we left at 3pm. We also got given a private room for free as there was one free. You might be as lucky?

We've now got a birthing centre in swindon which definitely appeals although it's still attached to the maternity unit at hospital so i would still have to go through main entrance in labour which i wasn't keen on!
but also considering a home birth esp as due in give birth in Dec - prime snow month!

My dream birth would be a water birth but thats a no no for me so...

Induction it is. Along with constant monitoring.

However I have decided this time that I would like to go home the same day - I HATE being on the ward on my own, scared to even go pee incase someone nicks my baby. With Alex it turned out perfectly, had him at 4.02am they forgot about us and we asked when we would be moved to post natal ward at 9 and was moved at 10 - visiting started 10. But when we had Daisy at 1.40am they were really busy so literally rushed me up to labour ward about 3am and hubby had to go home, baring in mind it was at night (when Alex died) and I was suddenly left alone with a newborn :cry: it was so hard.

Shiv I would be inclined to go back to where you want last time, but then you have to think about travelling 100 miles home with a newborn? hard decision x

I wanted a water birth last time, but Thomas was stuck so i only laboured in the water then i had to get out and push and be cut,eww!
However this time there is no more chance of that happening than with anyone else according to midwife so i will try again, It's just where really.

I'd insist on going home then Hayley, if your up to it. Must of been to so hard for you, on your own. :hugs:
I wanted to go home straight away with Thomas, but we had to stay for 12hrs as there was meconium when Thomas came out and so he had to be monitored.

Well like Hayley I have to be hooked to the monitors pretty much the whole time so a home/water birth is a No No for me too! But I'd feel very nervy giving birth anywhere else but in hospital anyways!

Well my boy turned 6 today! Eeeek! Very emotional :( x

bless jay! Happy birthday to him. Sorry iv not been on girls havin lots of stuff going on! Got my gender scan tomoro girls :)! Hayley thats so sad sweetie sometimes they dont have time for you i think. I have to just see how i go cos i was not anywhere near labour at 42 weeks! My cervix was not even ready so have to take it day by day to decide if i need a section again. Hope your all well x x x

Ive been thinking about the birth. I was 5cm when I went in with my son and took another 5 hours or so to get to 10, I had to be monitored because there was mecuoniom (sp) in my waters. I really hope Im going to be able to move around this time I felt asthough it slowed everything down :(. Also Im going to try and stick to gas and air as I had pethidene which also slowed everything down and I was unable to feel when to push which scared me!. I wont be having a epidural no matter how much pain Im in, unless its for a section and HAS to be done. Epidurals terrify me. Midwife is coming out tomorrow :D

Happy Birthday Jay!!

Good luck with the scan Amy eeeee I can't wait to know what your having!!

Hope everyone is well x

Wow Amy that has come round so fast, GOOD LUCK!!! x

ooooooooooooh what do you think you aer having Amy, will be interesting to see if you are right! Good luck x

Good luck Amy, excited to see what team youre ok, for some reason I think pink :shrug: has definately come round fast.

Happy birthday to your little boy jaybear :)

I had an epidural the first time, and after doing it on just G&A the 2nd thats my most favourable birth, but I had to have the epidural the first time to help lower bp so I dont regret it as it got my boy here safely iykwim? but if I could choose then no I wouldnt have one again either.

picked up our pram today :happydance: will I look mad going for a walk with just one baby in it :haha: I'm desperate to take it out :D

x

I've got a girly feeling too Amy!

I'm off out tonight girls, 1st proper night since falling pregnant so don't know how long i will last! Kinda looking forward to it, just gotta decide what to wear now...:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->