OT Baby Ear piercing

None of those options work for me. We got Ava's ears done at 3.5 months old. She cried for maybe 10 seconds and that was it. she doesnt even notice them now. I hated getting mine done when i was older. I dont want her to remember it and if she doesnt want to wear earrings when she is older she doesnt have to.

Don't understand the point in getting babies ears pierced when they can't appreciate it!

It should be their choice, not something they don't get a say in.

Bella can have hers done when she asks for them and is old enough to look after them herself.

I pierced DD1 when she was a year old and I can hand on heart say that THAT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! With DD2 and subsequent DDs they will have them done if they want them as long as they are over the age of 5.

I've picked 5years plus but it will be after she is 10 at the earliest!!!

I pierced DD1 when she was a year old and I can hand on heart say that THAT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! With DD2 and subsequent DDs they will have them done if they want them as long as they are over the age of 5.

I guess im a bad mamma bc im getting hers done as soon as its alowed and im pretty sure here it 4months old.

I guess im a bad mamma bc im getting hers done as soon as its alowed and im pretty sure here it 4months old.

I posted my answer and then read the thread and felt like a pretty bad mama. Ava barely reacted though. Here we had to wait two weeks after her first vaccines.

I voted 5+ but I'd wait until she is 13-14.

thank you to everyone who has replied its stayed nice and civil:thumbup:
also there are no 'bad' mamas just for getting it done early

thanks everyone!

I wouldn't have her ears pierced until she is old enough for it to be her own choice and she is old enough to look after them herself, so about 10ish.

When she asks, imagine it will be around the time she starts school and see's others with them done :)

I had to wait until I was a teenager so I'm going to apply the same rule for Kate.

I wouldn't allow my daughter to have her ears pierced before she is 11 which is when I had mine done. I think it looks awful on babies and todders personally. Not to mention the fact that I would be inflicting unecessary pain on my child for the sake of something cosmetic. And that they can pull at them, they can become infected, they can pull them out and rip their ear, they can pull them out and swallow them. Not for me :)

I'd never do it til she was old enough to go and get it done herself.

Im like kittyventura hough, Id be lying if I said I wouldn't judge a mum for it. I did when I was in the childrens hospital with LO. Can't help it, it looks horrible in my eyes.

I had mine done at 16 and it was sore. And I have tounge stud and belly bar, which was nothing.

When River can understand it and ask for it then she can have it done. If thats whens 5 so be it.

Im with SB I do judge when i see babies with their ears pierced.

Not until she starts secondary school and can care for them and know it's going to hurt

You should have added an option for babies under 6 months, because many get them pierced right after birth. I live in a place that pierces girls' ears within a week of birth, but I personally don't want to have my daughter's ears done until she's at least 10 years old. It's my choice for my child, but I couldn't care less what other people choose to do with their children. I think judging people for piercing their baby's ears is wrong. Here it's a tradition, and yes, it causes pain, but it's over almost instantly and the baby won't remember it. I don't think it's bad for the chldren; I just don't really like them on young children; but I don't judge anyone for doing it :shrug:

I'm not going to read all the responses, but as an almost-trained body piercer who spent six months learning just about cross-contamination in a good tattoo and piercing studio, I'd say 16 - when they can get it done properly and safely with a needle rather than having to go somewhere that uses a gun, which isn't safe or hygienic. I went into a big explanation about the risks in another thread a while ago, so won't bang on about it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->