OT Baby Ear piercing

I think babies having their ears pierced seems to be a lot more common in other countries than it is in Britain.

Like hayley90 said, I also find earrings uncomfortable to sleep on so I'd not want Daisy to have to feel uncomfotable but not be able to express it which is another reason why I'd wait a good few years.

I think it is a lot more popular in the states, and in some southern european countries, and africa. I think it used to be really popular over here in the UK too.

I don't like judging - especially other parents because we all try to do what we feel is best.

I think it comes from having seen Fin's reaction to his jabs. That cry broke my heart. I know not all babies react the same but for me I just can't imagine putting a child through pain and discomfort for any reason that isn't medical... but that's just me. I'm sensitive... I accidentally clipped his finger tip when doing his nails, he didn't even notice, but just the thought that I'd hurt him made me almost throw up. xx

It did used to be pretty popular over here, everyone i know had them done before they were 2, just like me and my sister.

Its only recently there has been a change i think x

My mum let me have mine done when I was 9 - I wanted them. Only studs though. I'd prob allow Ruby studs only at around 9-10 years old.

I had LO's ears pierced when she was 8 weeks old so none of the options on the poll go for me!
Macie was asleep when we took her in a d she didnt even twitch or wake up to having them done. They never got infected and have healed beautifully. I've not had a single problem with them.
My mum had mine done when I was about 4/5 weeks old and I still wear my earrings In the same holes to this day xx

I hate seeing babies with pierced ears, when shes old enough i might let her have it done but before then no way x

I got mine done for my 13th birthday as a present for making the transition into becoming an adult. I think I'll do the same for Ella, but will see how much fuss she's making about it when she's around 10.

I got mine done on my 9th birthday after begging for months to get them done. I wouldn't let Evie have hers done before 10, the later the better.

i would never get lilys done until she was old enough to want them, to understand what they are, and understand that its going to hurt and they could get infected etc. if she still wanted to go ahead then fine, but i would still say 5+ and only if she really understood!

in my opinion i dont think babies need earnings to look cute, they are beautiful as they are. and to put them in pain that just isnt necessary, i just couldnt do it to Lily, after how terrfied she was with all her injections. i just couldn't do it to her.

She won't be getting them done until she's old enough to ask for it and look after them. Earrings look weird on little babies!

I had my daughters done 16 yrs ago, when she was 4 mths old. She didn't cry or fuss. Never had an infection. She no longer wears earrings (bloody figures), but also has a nose ring and belly button ring.....LMAO.

My son got his one ear pierced at 5 and the second one done last year when he was 11.

Bruce will have it done if he asks for it.

Um, I'm guilty of committing the piercing crime. I had DD's pierced 2 weeks ago. I did my research, took her to a professional piercer and so far so good.

when they ask, Im pretty relaxed and can remember desperatly wanting them done at 12-13ish, so im not going to set in stone that she cant until shes 16, but im not rushing out to get them done next wednesday either :thumbup:

AND i dont care what anyone else does, I cant be bothered, lifes to short to judge when people get their babies ears piereced! :haha:

I spent six months learning about cross-contamination, and advise adults to avoid guns for piercings. This explains why quite well: https://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

Also, hepatitis can live outside the body for quite some time...I wouldn't trust equipment that hasn't been properly sterilised in an autoclave around anyone I care about.

Besides which, if someone punched a hole in my body without my consent...well, there'd be repercussions... Just because I gave birth doesn't give me the right to inflict pain on a child for no good reason.

Not trying to start an argument, just feel very strongly about this!

I'll let her do it when she is old enough to take care of it and understand that it's a body altering thing. My own ears were pierced at 5 and the holes ended up growing to the bottom of my ear as my ears grew and ripped out. It took two rounds of stitches to heal back together and all I remember is all the blood and pain. I don't really understand why anyone would choose to risk something like that on an innocent baby. :shrug: Babies are gorgeous without pieces of metal sticking through their ears. :flower:

I'm not bothered if people choose to pierce their child's ears, my 2 year old's was done at 1 year old without my knowledge (I got my MIL to take them out) I'm not against it, I just don't like it on my own.

i got mine done around 5 or 6 by my cousin and mum went ballistic! i took my neice at 7 to get hers done as she really wanted them pierced. i personally wont be getting my childs ear pierced until she asked me if she can get it done and i hope that wont be till 5+

Its always an individual decision, some like it, some don't, personally I don't. I have piercings but wouldn't like my daughter to have her ears pierced until she is at least 8 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->