OT Baby Ear piercing

I personally wont be having my LO's done until she's old enough to request it with full understanding of what will happen. My own mum had mine done for the first time when I was 3 months old, then a couple more times later on because I was prone to infections and allergic reactions. I decided to get mine done when I was 15 and can only wear titanium earrings. :wacko:

Sorry to jump in here but this is a genuine curious question. Why would you want to pierce a boys ear anyway? Is it a uk/us thing. Personally don't like boys (under 18) with pierced ears. They can do it when their adults. Maybe it's because I'm from a culture where it's not the norm. Thanks ladies. Just curious that's all.

I won't ever be getting Jacob's ear pierced and if I had a girl, the same applys. Jake is quite welcome to get whatever he wants pierced when he's old enough to make his own decision on the matter and capable of keeping the piercing clean.

Sorry to jump in here but this is a genuine curious question. Why would you want to pierce a boys ear anyway? Is it a uk/us thing. Personally don't like boys (under 18) with pierced ears. They can do it when their adults. Maybe it's because I'm from a culture where it's not the norm. Thanks ladies. Just curious that's all.

In my son's class at school, I'd say 7-8 out of every 10 boys has earring(s). Its popular in my area, always has been.

I'm not bothered if people choose to pierce their child's ears, my 2 year old's was done at 1 year old without my knowledge (I got my MIL to take them out) I'm not against it, I just don't like it on my own.

OMG!!! Personally I don't like piercings on small children - but each to their own. If a parent wants to get their kids ears pierced then so be it - but it should be the parents decision NOT for the MIL to do it without your knowledge.

You must be very patient or a Saint - I swear I would punch my MIL if this happened to me!!

I've never had a problem with babies from about 6 months onwards getting their ears pierced (I was 6 months I think) and it makes sense in regards of easier to clean, they don't play with them etc. But now LO is here, I can't imagine her with pierced ears so haven't done it yet. I'm not sure when we will get done. Maybe when she asks - be that 2 or 12.

I will never allow LO to have his ears pierced. I've just never liked men/boys with earrings - OH wore one when I met him and I soon got rid of it!
All my 3 girls have theirs pierced and were over 10 years old and only after they had asked incessantly and we had discussed it.
My youngest DD wavered a little when we went into Claire's Accessories and a toddler was screaming when they had theirs done but she sat there while they pierced her.
She didn't make a murmur - I cried seeing her being hurt!

my dd had hers done at 16weeks i took her to a propper piercer so they were done with needles never had a problem with healing she now only wears them on special oaccasions as i dont want them getting caught at nursery
we have discussed getting connoprs done but are going to wait untill he is older orob 4 or 5 just because i think baby boys look a little girly with studs in

Not going to happen here until Lucy can consciously decide for herself after hearing all the facts about looking after them etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->