OT Coat cleaning

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I have a coat which I got from Next it is approx 76% polyester, 14% wool and the rest acrylic. It says dry clean on it but I really need it cleaning and at the moment dont think can keep affording to have it cleaned. Has anyone had something like this and put it in the washer?!! I have a woollens, hand wash, delicates, cold wash among other settings on my washer and was wondering if I could put it in there!! :shrug:

xx

I've got loads of dry clean only stuff, I find a delicate 30 or 15 if your machine has one should do it. A coat should be fine if it's lined.

I normally use a wool wash or delicate wash at 30 and just hope for the best. I've been lucky so far! x

Yup it is lined. I have a delicates 30 or there is a handwash option. Also the spin speed can be changed, should that be put lower so as not to cause any problems. Lol. Thanks so much ladies!!!!

xx

Yes, use a lower spin and make sure you use the wool setting. It's the agitation and water temperature which can make it felt (shrink).

:flower:

Okay so i will put on wool 40 or cold? Instead of delicate 30? And no spin, 400, 600, 800, 1000 or 1200. Lol. Xx

If your wool setting is 40, you may want to try the delicate 30 first. With a smallish wool content as this coat has, I doubt the 40 would shrink it, but sometimes it's best to err on the side of caution! I would probably use the 1000 spin myself, but if you'd rather try a slower spin and then let it drip dry for longer, do that. The faster the spin, the more wrinkled the coat is likely to be and it may not keep it's proper shape so well.

I have never dry cleaned anything and will chuck everything in the washing machine. I like to live dangerously! So far (touch wood) everything I've chucked in has been ok!

Lol. Thanks so much! I almost paid 10.50 to get it dry cleaned but may aswell give it a try in the washer! Lol. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->