OT Grumpy Rant - I blame the hormones...

smileygurl85

Reaction score
Sorry so long and so random - I've just gotta get some stuff off my chest and I can't 'blog it' because we're not announcing the pregnancy in any kind of public forum - cause I'm 20 weeks tomorrow but still not showing at all...

First off - I had horrible nightmares last night about the in-laws. We live 6,000 miles away from them but last night I dreamed that DH's entire extended family showed up (20-something people with 40 suitcases) one month after giving birth and they expected to stay in our 3-bedroom apartment with us for a 4-month vacation during which I was expected to cook, clean and entertain them. :nope: woke me up in a cold sweat at 5:30am.

DH was too busy playing video-games last night to wash the dishes or to go to sleep at a reasonable hour so when I woke up at 6:30 this morning (after a horribly interrupted night's sleep) he was snoring away and I had to drag myself out of bed to make myself some toast before I got so nauseous that I ended up throwing up some celebratory 'good morning' bile. :wacko:

On another topic - I've been married for 4 years and a recently married friend (who is about 5 years older than me) has been begging me to have her and her new husband over for a weekend. We always have guests and it's no hassle and she has stayed by us before so you think she'd know what the guest-room situation is like. (We have a guest room but it has bunkbeds in it - we tend to have singles a lot more than couples - though half a dozen couples have stayed there too.) Anyway - it's not like I begged her to come and visit me - she was the one who kept pushing for an invite. So I gave her a date and the response I got from her was, "can you maybe find us a neighbor to stay by because my husband is too tall to fit comfortably on your bunkbeds." (her husband is the same height as my brother - and my brother stays over all the time.) I say - even if it's squishy it's only for one night - deal with it!!! :dohh:

Also - I work from home as a freelance graphic-artist and I'm sick of people assuming that I'll do things more cheaply just because I'm a freelancer. Ummm, hello - you're not doing me any favors by giving me work and expecting me to do it for free!!!!!!!! ACK!!!!! Sooooooo frustrating!!!!!

Last thing - I wish I was one of those people who could actually nap during the day. I'm so tired but my brain won't actually go into 'sleep mode' unless it's night time. Even the blackout shades on the windows can't trick my body. And I'm sooooooo tired. That's probably why I'm having a hormonal meltdown today. :cry:

Ok - that's enough of that. :blush:

I think I'll go bake a batch of cookies so that I can eat the whole batch of cookies. If I start now I should be able to polish them off before DH gets home... :winkwink:

lol! I'm right there with you on the grumpy train. There must be something about today...

Grumpy train here today too :(
I almost yelled at a co-worker and ok that happens a lot but I usually fight it off pretty well, today it was REALLY hard!
I was horrible to DH last night. He took it so well, just rolled with it and went to bed early. Ugh! I'm tired of it though, I don't want to feel this way... I thought second tri was supposed to be easier :)

massive hugs hope them cookies cheer you up!

Choo-Choo, one more for the grumpy train please! I actually have nothing significant to be grumpy about, i just dont feel like my normal barrel of laughs today and i just want to hide under my duvet and start again tomorrow. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"