Ot-ingrown toenail

pooch

Reaction score
Ow!!! I am in pain. Ive had issues with it my whole life and finally about 4 years ago went and had the surgery to remove part of the nail. It was supposed to not grow back but it did but it hasnt caused me problems until now. Im assuming its because my feet are starting to swell?
I just tried soaking it but my toe is throbbing and i cant sleep. Pregnancy brings out the weirdest issues!! Just had to complain somewhere since the dogs wont sympathize and dh is sleeping

I have never in my life had ingrown toenails/very many hangnails until I got pregnant and now they won't leave me alone! they are so painful!!!!
I hope they stay away for the both of us!

I have had a history of ingrown toenails.

Between 1998 and 2002, I had ongoing issues with my big toe nail on my right foot, it was removed, and grew back ingrown, removed again and the sides killed off and it grew back all warped and hard then in 2002 I actually had it removed completely and the nailbed was killed off with phenol so it's never grown back. It's been wonderful!

Then last week, my left big toe started causing me problems. I've been to the doctor to ask if I can have that one removed too. Considering my history he hasn't hestitated and has referred me to podiatry and we're going to discuss the best options - basically I would like it completely removed before baby comes along, but there is a miniscule risk that the phenol may get into my blood stream and to baby. Of course, if I'm going to have it removed completely, having it done after baby comes along isn't ideal either!

I hadn't thought about my feet swelling and causing it - perhaps that is the case... interesting.

me toooooo, 2 years ago on holiday i hit my toe and didnt think anything of it, still went to the beac etc so ofcourse it got infected and my hole toe nail had to come off, ever since wen it grows bk it grows bk ingrown grrrrrr its soo sre, i always just cut it out myself but always grows bk :( only advice would be cut it often and dont let it grow too much xx

when i had the sides removed before they used a laser and said that would keep it from growing back which wasn't the case. i wonder if the phenol route isn't used here in the US? i would be going to a different doctor this time, the last thing i want is to have it removed and then just grow back again. i do think it's worse now than it was before, instead of it just being a curve when you look at it straight on the side that was cut just grows straight down. grr

my sympathies, completely -- I routinely soak my feet so I can trim (now, my dh, poor thing) as carefully as possible as have had problems in the past -- that's one more thing to worry about now, eh?

sigh

Ow!!! I am in pain. Ive had issues with it my whole life and finally about 4 years ago went and had the surgery to remove part of the nail. It was supposed to not grow back but it did but it hasnt caused me problems until now. Im assuming its because my feet are starting to swell?
I just tried soaking it but my toe is throbbing and i cant sleep. Pregnancy brings out the weirdest issues!! Just had to complain somewhere since the dogs wont sympathize and dh is sleeping

Its tempting to self operate on the ole toenails… Try and resist the temptation.

Maybe a little oil to ease the margins could help… And of course someone to massage your feet is always a blessing..

Mark

I just have to post this, sorry for going off topic!!

That does OT mean?? I keep seeing it and have absolutely no idea :shrug:

x

exactly wat u just said off topic lol

LOL!!! I thought it was Over the Top or something and then was baffled, so bloody obvious now... Oops...

And its now officially infected... :/ i guess i have to go to the dr now!

I will get them if I don't keep up on clipping my toenails, haha.

Operations are usually a waste because they never stop growing back. I get ingrown fingernails too but they usually go away after a few days. Sometimes when im bored i self-operate wanting to see what it looks like. lol Get someone to cut it out while your asleep my friend did that a long time ago his grandma did and he's never had problems with his toe again.

I sympathise completly. Iv had issues on and off since being a teenager and had the sides removed on the painfull one which worked well for me till now.

a few years ago I had to have my whoile toe nail removed on the other toe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->