OT - Photo Editing Help?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by TheNewMrs, Nov 13, 2011.

1. TheNewMrs

TheNewMrs Well-Known Member

Hi girlies!
    Ive really gotten into taking bump photos by the week now that Im starting to really show. :cloud9:

I'd like to be able to edit them to B&W and Crop them and maybe put some text on them, but I've never done it before. I am using Windows but also have an iPhone.

Can anyone recommend some easy to use apps or software to help me out please?
    I'm not a computer whizz at all! :haha:

Thanks Girls! :flower:

2. xCeex

xCeex Well-Known Member

I downloaded Picasa earlier, seems to do all of that.

Maybe check it out x

3. amjon

amjon Guest

To crop I use Microsoft Picture Editor (think that's what it's called, but it comes with Windows). For black and white and adding text I use Adobe Photoshop.

4. Angharad87

Angharad87 Expecting no.1

Picasa would be my recommendation if you want easy. There's also a free photoshop app from Adobe for the iPhone but you'd need a second app to add text. But that one is pretty good. If you want more control then Gimp is a freeware option for pc but would need practice to use (more for people who are at least regularly into editing).

Personally I love photoshop but that costs money. Unless you're a bad person. 0=) but again photoshop is more for "serious amateurs".

5. Siuan

Siuan Well-Known Member

I use Gimp, but as the above poster has said - it's not necessarily that basic - it would take some getting used to. That said though - there is a good help file with it which really helps for learning some of the stuff you can do...

6. HayleyZahra

HayleyZahra Mummy and WTT <3

Ive seen a few people who offer to do photos and banners on here on some posts!
    Photoshop is great for anything but can take some time to master, or i find paint really easy, its great to just resize and crop photos and write on them!

xxxx

7. TheNewMrs

TheNewMrs Well-Known Member

Ive decided to use Photobucket! Its so simple! Even I can use it!!!! :haha:

8. Angharad87

Angharad87 Expecting no.1

I would offer normally but only have proper Internet to upload em when I'm at my folks. Lol. Need proper 'net or I'll never be a photographer lol.

9. LisK

LisK Well-Known Member