OT RANT...my hubby is being an ass

littledancer

Reaction score
So, today is my third wedding anniversary with my husband, the plan was to go out for dinner when he gets home from work.

So he drops me off and I say "Keep in touch and let me know when you're done so we can figure out timing for the restaurant tonight" to which he replies "What do you mean, aren't you just going to go straight to the restaurant on the bus from work and wait for me there???"....bear in mind that the restaurant is 5 minutes from our house.

So I say "well I'd be arriving at the restaurant for 6:30pm then and you won't get there until 9:30 so it makes more sense for me to go home first"

and he says "well just never mind then, obviously tonight is not a good night, we'll go out another time" and proceeds to burn rubber out of the parking lot.

WTF??

So I call him and I'm like "why are you pissed off, I don't understand" and he says "well I assumed you had forgotten about tonight and that pissed me off"....HUN???

Can somebody please point out how the statement : "Keep in touch and let me know when you're done so we can figure out timing for the restaurant tonight" implies that I'd forgotten?

ARGH:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Eh? Sounds like the hormone fairy dropped the grumpy pregnancy hormones on the wrong body in bed last night.

I'm as confused as you are sweety. I hate it when they act like that!

Hope he comes to his senses and all is well for this evening.

:hugs:

xxx

Sorry I'm finding everything really funny right now so probably shouldn't post. But that seems hilarious. He's obviously gone nuts. Phone emergency services and have him taken away in a straight jacket. Maybe he misheard you?

It's so weird when men act like women. We have hormone imbalances! We're allowed! :haha:

Look, you have to understand... men just aren't as clever as women... that is all there is to it :winkwink:

You have to excuse them being "a bit thick" sometimes because it is genetic (tied in with the Y chromosome....) :haha:

Hope that your husband behaves himsellf later, that you remember why you married him and that you have a happy anniversary :hugs:

QT

hahahaha poor bloke all this man bashing hehehehe

Hope it gets sorted and you have a lovely evening xxxxxxxxxxx

MAYBE he had a surprise for you.. and wanted you to go there so he could see your face when you walk in and he's already there..

MAYBE he had a surprise for you.. and wanted you to go there so he could see your face when you walk in and he's already there..

oohh yes good point or maybe he has arranged something else oooooohhh yes that would make sense.

Hope you sort it out and his pmt disappears so you can have a lovely anniversary meal .
Happy Anniversaryxx

oohh yes good point or maybe he has arranged something else oooooohhh yes that would make sense.

Well you see.. I thought that... but then I thought; if i say it, and he is JUST being an ASS then maybe it best I don't say it. :blush:

Well you see.. I thought that... but then I thought; if i say it, and he is JUST being an ASS then maybe it best I don't say it. :blush:

That's what I was thinking - best not to raise the OP's expectations... :winkwink:

QT

well first of all happy anniversary! :hugs:
And try not to worry about him, just let him cool off (and you cool off too) and come together when you are both able to talk about it.
Honestly men have to learn to listen and to not think about what they are going to say next whilst the other is talking!!! good luck babe and tell us what happens!
xoxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby2007 View Post

Yeah, that's really not my hubby lol...he just called and said "So I'm an asshole, sorry about that"

Originally Posted by Shelby2007 View Post

Yeah, that's really not my hubby lol...he just called and said "So I'm an asshole, sorry about that"

ya, we're usually good at admitting when we're wrong at least...he called and I was like "I don't understand why you're angry" and he said..."well you can google for an explanation, I believe the term would be 'asshole'"

*giggle* how can you stay mad at that?

AW! I cant imagine how you could stay mad at him :hugs:

Have a lovely time and Happy Aniversary x x x :flower:

They're a different species and I will never understand them..mine's exactly the same. I regularly walk around with a confused look on my face when we have a bit of a barney.

ya, we're usually good at admitting when we're wrong at least...he called and I was like "I don't understand why you're angry" and he said..."well you can google for an explanation, I believe the term would be 'asshole'"

*giggle* how can you stay mad at that?

very gallant and funny. :happydance: so glad its done now. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back