OT... Silly I know. But huge spiders and sleeping :(

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Non pregnancy related, so sorry to bore you all! Basically we have a pretty old house and we get the occasional spider. I've never been worried about it and I just catch them and let them free down the street.

However, we seem to have been hit with a huge wave of them. And they aren't small at all. These are huge massive giant spiders. I've had to use bowls to catch them instead of cups. We have had 5 in the last few nights, 2 tonight, all in our bedroom. The one last night was under my pillow and almost landed on my face. It's safe to say I didnt sleep well last night. And tonight after those two, we'll I can't even be in the bedroom.

Now I've come downstairs, I'm exhausted and just want to sleep but I'm too scared to. And I'm worried there will be one in my daughters room and I won't be able to protect her. It sounds so silly! Please tell me someone has a magic way to keep spiders out the house? I need sleep before baby arrives and I am not going to get any if things don't change fast! X

I have arachnophobia. It's pretty serious. I am very concerned that if a spider is ever on my baby, I won't know what to do. I can't get near them. We get a spider, a daddy long legs typically once every couple days. Usually in the shower. I have to have my husband wake up and come kill it so I can shower. We live in a very wooded area. Now that we are entering fall though the spiders will go away - we really only have them in the summer.

The only way I know of to keep them away is just to have a super clean house. Clean house means no bugs. No bugs means no spiders. Make sure you have pest control spray every 6 months. Go through the house or have a professional see if there are any hidden entrances the spiders may be coming through.

Definitely get pest control to have a look. They can see where the spiders come in. my mom's house has cockroaches and I can't stand them. at first they tried just sealing the entrances but when that didn't work they sprayed. I think I'm going to suggest they spray again sometime...

Haha I never used to be afraid of them so I would just let them free. I would rather do that then beat the crap out of them with a book or something, they are so huge I wouldn't know how to start?! We have old air vents in the house and I think that's were they are getting in. Will have to see about blocking them up!!

Does it cost a lot for pest control? Not really got the funds to get professionals in. I have looked into those plug ins and definitely will be getting some of those!! I slept on the sofa last night. I couldn't be near the bedroom!x

If I were you I would be calling in the professionals or doing some serious prevention myself. We have to have professionals come in every three months for carpenter ants, they're pretty much unavoidable in my area and can destroy your property if not treated. The treatment they use also works on spiders and whatnot so that has been really nice. I had an incident after my first was born. I was nursing her on one side and pumping on the other so my hands were full trying not to spill breast milk or anything and a spider repelled from the ceiling and landed on my chest. I bit my lip trying not to freak out until the spider ran over onto my babies face! Totally freaked out and spilled breast milk everywhere lol

Omg icegurl I would have freaked out!! I am currently in bed with all lighths on, debating if I should sleep in here or downstairs! I am terrified no matter what! It's this time of year, I hate it!x

Don't know if you'll find any around just yet, it may be a bit early for them to fall but apparently if you put conkers in and around the house spiders dont like them so stay away. Not sure if/how it works but worth a go. If they re really big you could just throw the conkers at them tho...

Haha ���� I have heard of that so will try and find some! Also I've heard peppermint oil works so will be stocking up over the next few days!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->