OT what do your partners do for a living?

kate1984

Expecting a Princess
Reaction score
My DF works in a iron foundry and thinks that because he has a demanding job that he doesn't need to help much around the house, after a talk last night he said "ask all them on BnB what there fellas do, I bet they don't work in a foundry"

I'm really hoping that somebody says there's does so I can show him lol.

He works 50 ish hours a week.... So what do your OH's do?

Actually, my DH doesn't work in a foundry, but my dad did when me and my bro were younger. He used to work nights, but he also used to do alot around the house. He used to take us to school and pick us up and he always did stuff that needed doing... like painting, or DIY.

THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR A OH TO NOT HELP OUT ROUND THE HOUSE NO MATTER WHAT JOB THEY HAVE!!!!!

My DH is the same lol. He works in a call centre. Fair enough he doesn't get home until 9pm every night, but he's only sitting down talking on a phone all day lol >.< Drives me insane! He's getting better though, and he's making more effort :) And it's important that you get him kicked into gear now BEFORE baby arrives because it will be 10 times harder afterwards!

XxX

my husband is a security guard and does 4-5 15 hour night shifts a week. Not sure what a foundry is? My hubby does anything i ask him around the house (mostly) bless him there is no excuse not to help out

My partner works around 50 hrs, his a service engineer working all over the south east, he don't really help of the evening times cause by the time he gets back its 9 pm and knackered. Come wk ends he helps.
If he is home early he does do odd things like load dishwasher lol

Ha!! What a cop out lol my OH has got 2 jobs ( removal man and sales consultant) and looks after the kids on a tues and thurs while I go to college and besides how many hours a week do u work? Doing ALL the washing, cleaning, cooking, "babysitting" as men like to call it and everything else that entails!!! Tell him when u've done 50 hours that's it, everything stops and if he needs his dinner cooking or shirt iorning, tough! U've done ure 50 hours!!

My OH works for a big IT software company (Sage) and it's an hour away from my house so he's out a lot longer than if we lived closer lol. He will do anything I ask and I lay the law down now so he can't say things like 'well you usually manage' etc. I will do all night feeds and tears but when he is here on a night time he will help regardless of what he's been doing that day lol

Also my dad is forces and could have been awake for days at a time but he would still play with us when he got home even if he had done a days trek somewhere and never complained or told my mam to get us to leave him alone so he could rest

ALL OUR PARTNERS HELPED US CONCEIVE SO SHOULD ALSO HELP RAISE THEM! lol

:flower:

DH is a solutions manager for the US northeast region at a communications company. He's been with the same company for almost 15 years. He makes good money but doesn't like his new job position and is waiting for other opportunities to open up, but there's not much at the level he's at or above. He's a natural at directing a team of other sales managers (his job before this position) so anything other than that is a letdown. He works about 50 hrs a week too but the commute adds to it. He's still a rockstar around the house and I love him for it. He's a very hard worker but still takes care of me. I'm lucky to have him and I found out how amazing he is now that I'm pregnant. Pregnancy has definitely brought us closer.

I feel spoiled now.. mine only works 40 hrs a week as a software engineer, he's home when I am home and helps, but I have to ASK for the help. He has all this week off, I expect my house to SPARKLE!!! We will see.

DH is in the Navy. He's in a commissioning program right now so going through school and doesn't work a whole lot. We had major fights about his input at home during the summer, when he didn't have class OR work and I worked every day as an outside keeper at a wildlife rehabilitation center (EXHAUSTING work. I even started having mini strokes out there in the 116 degree weather and eventually had to quit). In any case, he sat at home all day playing video games. When I cam ehome after 8+ hours of work I had to cook dinner and clean. One time when I asked him how hard it would be to pick up a broom and sweep for 5 minutes he said if he did that, he would never have any time for himself, and that he'd never been so stressed in his life. HAHA.

He's gotten a lot better now. I don't work anymore and am just finishing up school, and so is he, so we split the housework fairly evenly. But it's understood that once he starts flight school (he's contracted to be a pilot) and I am the stay at home mom, the home will be my domain.

lawyer...and he is typically very busy. but we work in the same office, so we see each other throughout the day and are able to go to lunch and get coffee together. we also drive to work together.

My hubby is a manager for a very large Royal logistics company he plans all the driving routes and timings- very long and stressful job he works 12/13 hour shifts and works an hour away from our house. He also does overtime at the same place driving artic lorries- like today he's doing a 15 hour shift. Left home at 2:30am and won't be home until 7pm tonight
Plus he helps out around the house
I love my hardworking husband so very much

My DH is a fire fighter and EMT. He works two full time jobs working almost 80 hours a week, so I barely ever get to see him! Just a couple of nights a week, and the occasional day off we will spend together. It sucks, but he is the bread winner as I only work 30 hours and still have to finish college after the baby is born. But I'm very lucky that he comes to my appointments with me and is going to adjust his schedule a little once the baby is here =) I definitely do appreciate my limited time with him.

My husband works 40 hours a week 4am till 12pm he gets up every morning at 3 am he works in morning operations and his job is very busy and leaves him knackered most days his only days of are sunday and monday but he is not a lazy husband and comes home and still does most things for us all <3

My hubby repairs guitars for a living. Since my job is more demanding (and pays much better!) he is gonna be a stay at home dad to save on day care when the baby gets here! He is getting used to doing more around the house and will be taking over most of the cleaning/cooking duties when the time comes :thumbup:

My OH's official job title is Research Assistant but most of his work involves technical support. Both of our jobs have VERY flexible hours and we can do a lot of it from home, which is nice.

As far as chores, he does most of the cleaning and I do most of the cooking. He will likely be staying home with the baby when I go back to school in a couple years.

My hubby is a fire fighter/ paramedic. His work schedule depends on the day of the week. He works 24 hour shifts. Usually he works a day has a day off then works a day has two off then works a day. a pattern like that, but now he's picking up over time and working more and more. He's been gone for the past 72 hour. I used to work as an emt on the ambulance but he and i decided that its not the best for me to be lifting people ( the area i used to work 80% of the people weighed over 300, and thats a bit much for a 5'4 125 pound woman) and because of me working the 911 system that also would introduce me to everyone sickness and aggressive patients. Now i'm a house wife, until the baby is 1 then i am finishing my nursing school.

My hubby used to justify him not helping by saying it was because he had a penis. That did not fly with me. He has changed his tune now that I am pregnant, because I just tell him I need to clean and use all these chemicals and he will do it!:)

Oh, and my husband works in a corporate office working with leases.

my boyfriend currently works at Pei Wei Asian Diner, but he is hired at Electro Motive he just has to wait until DEC. 16 after he gets his GED to start working. He doesn't even work that much lately and doesn't help me with any chores and complains if I ask him to take out the garbage or hang his own clothes. It used to not bother me but since I am freaking tired all the time and my feet hurt I am really starting to resent him. sorry for my mini rant..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->