other people telling your news

soup

Reaction score
hi i just wondered if anyone else had had this problem, we told our folks about 3 weeks ago and they are thrilled and up until this weekend they (well mum my dad is really quiet so doesn't really tell anyone) have been really good about not telling anyone. but on friday we had our scan and saw bubba which was great but we got put back 3 weeks so i am not as far along as we thought (mum knows all this) but she seems to think she can tell everyone.

we have told most of our close friends at the weekend, but only cos we had some of them staying at our house and they would have known something was up. but that doesm't mean i want the whole world knowing yet, mum has already put pressure on me to tell family which i did. mum told someone today where there is a indiresct link to someone my boss knows and I haven't told them yet so really don't want them to find out anyother way than from me.

has anyone else had this problem? i don't wanna upset my mum, i know she is just excited, this is her 1st grandchild and i am an only child too, and i know that this sort of news will spread quick anyway, am i wrong to feel a bit pised off?

sorry this is such a long post

My mom is the same, within 2 days of me telling her, all of my family knew even though I asked her not to tell anyone yet. Then the next week all of her friends were emailing and phoning to congratulate me (or tell me their opinion on why I'm not ready to have a baby).

It's frustrating, but it is just because she cares and is excited that her little girl is going to have a baby.

Aww hun its just excited mums for you...there's not much you can do other than to kindly tell her to wind her neck in a little lol.
My mums the same.....im only planning on telling her because i know she will do all the rest of the telling for me lol.

Just have a heart to heart with her....maybe dont directly tell her not to say anything but tell her your worried 'other people' may tell your secret and your really not ready for everyone to know yet..........see if she takes the hint xxxxxxxxxxxx

My family and OH family have been great about keeping quiet but unfortunately a woman I work with(who noone told just knew) and told EVERYONE at my work...I cant really be mad with her as we still dont know how she knew and she feels so bad. She just thought everyone knew!

Emma.xx

My OH has told EVERYONE he works with and all his friends...but none of them are people I really know so it doesn't bother me, he's just excited. One friend of mine told a co-worker of mine and that really upset me, it's my news to tell and I didn't want anyone at work to know, I've just told close family and a couple of close friends. People need to realize as excited as they are, it's not their news to tell.

hi i just wondered if anyone else had had this problem, we told our folks about 3 weeks ago and they are thrilled and up until this weekend they (well mum my dad is really quiet so doesn't really tell anyone) have been really good about not telling anyone. but on friday we had our scan and saw bubba which was great but we got put back 3 weeks so i am not as far along as we thought (mum knows all this) but she seems to think she can tell everyone.

we have told most of our close friends at the weekend, but only cos we had some of them staying at our house and they would have known something was up. but that doesm't mean i want the whole world knowing yet, mum has already put pressure on me to tell family which i did. mum told someone today where there is a indiresct link to someone my boss knows and I haven't told them yet so really don't want them to find out anyother way than from me.

has anyone else had this problem? i don't wanna upset my mum, i know she is just excited, this is her 1st grandchild and i am an only child too, and i know that this sort of news will spread quick anyway, am i wrong to feel a bit pised off?

sorry this is such a long post

I know the feeling its the same for me, only child etc, I have tried telling my mother/gran but EVERYONE knows now I even walked into the supermarket in our town and everyone knew! ive given up! I was annoyed but its too late now so I just let it go xx

thanks i think i might have a word with her, but part of me thinks we have told so many people i might as well tell work and have done with it! i am a nanny so not particually looking forward to that conversation!

my mum is the same, she's managed to tell some of my family members, and not even those that i am particularly close to!! I know how hard she finds it to keep a secret so have decided in future not going to tell her anything!! harsh i know but maybe necessary!

My dad and my stepmum crossed the line with me. I had been bleeding and was very anxious about the threat of miscarriage. I just wanted to wait until I had had my 12 week scan to tell most family and friends. I had told a few close people and was clear to all of them how important it was to not tell anyone else until after 12 weeks. My stepmum didnt listen and told her son and his wife and some others and then went on to tell me I was the one in the wrong. This went on to include her cursing at me and throwing things. Needless to say we are not on speaking terms.
Just explain to your mum that it is important to you that you wait to tell anyone else, and that you want to be the one to share the happy news when you feel you are ready. Hopefully that should be enough. She probably didn't mean to upset you and will be really sorry she did.

My mums not told a soul, which has actually really suprised me.

Not quite the same subject, but I put something on my facebook about planning our wedding and my OH's second cousin saw it and has told his whole family! (He's got a massive family and we'd only told his immediate family.) We were going to tell the rest but have been so busy. Also, we're not inviting the extended family and he was worried about having to phone and say "yeah we are getting married but your not invited." So I had a quick chat to her on facebook and told her its just a very small wedding with immediate family. I'm hoping her big mouth will spread that to the rest of the family too, then we don't have to bother telling them! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->