• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

others who have had a big age gap and a small age gap

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi I have 2 daughters, one is 9 years and the other 3 months. We didn't plan originally to have a big age gap but because of my health. We have decided we want a 3rd child and plan to start TTC in Jan 2016 so there will be at least a 2 year gap.
So my question is, who of you have had a big age gap between children and also a small age gap? Which did you find was easier the closer age or bigger?

Ive had big and small age gaps, I'd say there are pros and cons to both. This time (if I am fortunate enough to fall), there will be a 5 year gap between my youngest and new baby, and I have to admit that thought of just having the one baby at home is quite appealing, after juggling two with a 13 month age gap last time. That said, it was hard work with two little ones, but I enjoyed it at the time, it's only when I reflect back on it that I realise how much hard work it was. Xx

Ive had big and small age gaps, I'd say there are pros and cons to both. This time (if I am fortunate enough to fall), there will be a 5 year gap between my youngest and new baby, and I have to admit that thought of just having the one baby at home is quite appealing, after juggling two with a 13 month age gap last time. That said, it was hard work with two little ones, but I enjoyed it at the time, it's only when I reflect back on it that I realise how much hard work it was. Xx

Do you find the 2 that are closer in age get on better?

This question is totally off topic and I hope you don't mind me asking. I see you have a mix of both sex children, I have 2 girls and would love a boy next so looking up about how people have conceived differently from the girls than boys. So did you do anything different when conceiving your boys from your girls? Like timing of sex and diet? Its been quite a bit contradictive so far though.

Yes the two girls close together do get on really well, they are more like twins.

I didn't deliberately do anything different, we dtd more frequently when I fell with the boys, with all the girls we literally dtd once or twice a couple of days before my fertile time (know with certainty the exact nights two of them were conceived) ;)

I've since found out that there is meant to be a bit of science behind it, in that female sperm are slower swimmers but live longer, whereas the males are faster but don't live as long - so I've read anyway x

Yes the two girls close together do get on really well, they are more like twins.

I didn't deliberately do anything different, we dtd more frequently when I fell with the boys, with all the girls we literally dtd once or twice a couple of days before my fertile time (know with certainty the exact nights two of them were conceived) ;)

I've since found out that there is meant to be a bit of science behind it, in that female sperm are slower swimmers but live longer, whereas the males are faster but don't live as long - so I've read anyway x

Yes I heard that as well that male is faster but die quicker and oppersite for female.
Do you know how close to ovulation you conceived your boys? Most of women I've asked said they only DTD once right near ovulation. I DTD every day with my first daughter and every other day with 2nd and ultrasound dating said I concieved day before ovulation.

My first 2 have 21mths and are close etc (bit bicker) my youngest was a 7yr gap and I much prefer the big age gap x

My first 2 have 21mths and are close etc (bit bicker) my youngest was a 7yr gap and I much prefer the big age gap x

I see your 2 close in age are boy and girl, is it they less in common? My eldest is a tom boy so would normally get on with boys better so wasn't as pleased at first when she found out her sister was a girl.
Can also ask you the same question as the other poster, did you do anything different from conceiving your boy to your girls? Like timing of sex and diet?

No the both love WWE and DD wants to be a wrestler so they do get on very well but do bicker a fair bit too!

All 3 of mine have been surprises, no gender swaying whatsoever as didn't know I would conceive! Very pleased with the birth order I got given xx

No the both love WWE and DD wants to be a wrestler so they do get on very well but do bicker a fair bit too!

All 3 of mine have been surprises, no gender swaying whatsoever as didn't know I would conceive! Very pleased with the birth order I got given xx

3 nice surprises :) so no idea how close you were to ovulation then? Have you always ate the same diet?

Yes I heard that as well that male is faster but die quicker and oppersite for female.
Do you know how close to ovulation you conceived your boys? Most of women I've asked said they only DTD once right near ovulation. I DTD every day with my first daughter and every other day with 2nd and ultrasound dating said I concieved day before ovulation.

I have no idea. How can they say you conceived before ovulation?? You need to have ovulated in order for the egg to be fertilised? X

No idea when conception/ovulation was sorry and always eaten same so has OH x

So glad to read this post as we have two boys that are 2.5 years apart and are really close. We want to TTC this fall and if we conceive right away my youngest will be almost 5 when we have a baby and my oldest 7!

I do not have any small age gaps. My first two are very nearly 4 years apart and get along so well. They are currently playing barbies and legos together as I type :) Our new little one will be 5 years younger than our middle child and I'm quite looking forward to it.

As for DTD timing. Our first (boy) was a pleasant "accident", so I have no idea as to the timing. With DD, we DTD nearly every day and conceived in the first cycle. With this little one (another girl), she took months to conceive, and in the cycle we actually got pregnant in, we only DTD once during my fertile period.. the day of ovulation (I was temping). So technically "by the book, this baby "should" have been a boy.

So glad to read this post as we have two boys that are 2.5 years apart and are really close. We want to TTC this fall and if we conceive right away my youngest will be almost 5 when we have a baby and my oldest 7!

That's great that your 2 are close when they are close in age.

Would you Like a girl next or do you not mind?

I do not have any small age gaps. My first two are very nearly 4 years apart and get along so well. They are currently playing barbies and legos together as I type :) Our new little one will be 5 years younger than our middle child and I'm quite looking forward to it.

As for DTD timing. Our first (boy) was a pleasant "accident", so I have no idea as to the timing. With DD, we DTD nearly every day and conceived in the first cycle. With this little one (another girl), she took months to conceive, and in the cycle we actually got pregnant in, we only DTD once during my fertile period.. the day of ovulation (I was temping). So technically "by the book, this baby "should" have been a boy.

So it proves in your case that it is wrong and really just 50/50.
Did your diet change at all when conceiving your boy to your girls?
Congratulations on pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"