Ouch! Braxton Hicks??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Mummy2109, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Mummy2109

Mummy2109 Well-Known Member

I'm getting a tightening around my tummy, mostly the bottom half and in my back. The pain gets worse after a few minutes and even a hot bath doesn't help it. Usually moving around eases It but omg It can get really painful lol. It's kinda like extremely bad period pains...

2. 831

831 first time mommy

Didn't want to read and run, but I think those are just the ligaments stretching around the uterus. Sorry you are going through so much pain. I have been getting some of those, but my dr said it was extremely normal. If you have too much pain, I think you should probably talk to your dr. Maybe he has some suggestions. Hang in there hon.

3. Mummy2109

Mummy2109 Well-Known Member

Really? I didnt realise that could be so painful lol thanks hun x

4. HayleyZahra

HayleyZahra Mummy and WTT <3

I also get a mild period cramp when my stomach goes tight and hard, it only last for around 30 seconds and feels very mild
    xxxx

5. tiggerz

tiggerz Expecting our 3rd miracle

Sounds like BH to me - round ligament pain is more of a sharp pain that happens when you move quickly or turn over etc.
    BH shouldn't be too painful - uncomfortable but not really painful and you shouldn't have them too regularly either! If you are in PAIN you should ring your mw for advise hunny. I was advised to drink loads of water as being even slightly dehydrated can cause your uterus to misbehave xxx And please don't have anymore hot baths as they are not recommended during pregnancy - warm is fine hot isn't supposed to be!
    ((hugs))

6. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I get these! I'd describe it exactly how you did :thumbup: they suck don't they?! Mine are more uncomfy than painful but it's close :haha: