Ouch Im in pain, is this mastitis?

helz81

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Lo slept longer than usual last night without waking for a feed, when he did wake crying and woke me up I came round to find I was laid on my front,squashing my right boob. When I sat up I knew something was wrong, my boob had got all swollen,just at the outer side and it aches like it used to before and during time of the month, my armpit aches too. I have headache,sore throat and I think Im getting a temperature. I don't see any red spots or anything on the boob, its just huge and very very sore:cry:

It sounds more like you're engorged more than mastitis at the moment. Mastitis is when you have a blocked duct which becomes infected and you get quite a quick onset of flu like symptoms - temperature and shivers etc. It doesn't sound like you're there just yet so I'd say get baby to feed on that side as much as possible and express as much out as you can. Wrap a hot flannel around it to encourage milk out. Hopefully it should sort itself out quite quickly :hugs:

Thankyou, Ive taken 2 paracetamols, pumped and dumped the milk (I googled it and apparantly milk that has been stuck could taste abit salty) and it feels slightly better,will keep feeding and expressing and see what I'm like when the paracetamols have worn off!

I hope you feel better after your pumping . I currently have mastitis and my first symptom was the agony but that was sat watching tv in the evening Mastitis comes on Very quickly. If youe baby keeps sleeping through the night you may get more mornings like this and the answer is to defiently empty the breast asap it really helps its instant relief!

I pretty much get engorged every night now. My boobs are always sore in the morning (actually they get sore hours before we get up), and I always leak loads, ever since LO started sleeping longer.

I keep hoping it will get better soon - but nothing has changed so far!

My LO always empties them when she gets up - which is kind of a strange feeling cos they are suddenly all empty and soft again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->