Ouch!

B

Bekkiboo

My right nipple has become painful again, I have started to dread feeding Cassidy on that breast because it hurts through the whole feed not just to latch on!

My left breast is absolutely fine, no problems there but my right one.... OUCH!

I don't know what I am doing wrong, she latches onto the left one in exactly the same way as the right but it's only the right one that hurts!
It even throbs every now and then when she isn't latched on!

I have been considering trying to express from that breast until my nipple stops hurting because she has been feeding less on that breast because of the pain I have been having and I don't want to become engorged or get Mastitis again as that isn't pleasant.

Any tips ladies?? and can anyone advise on where I am going wrong?? I don't want this to keep happening!

Thanks in advance x

What does the pain feel like? Is it hot, stinging, burning, stabbing?

Does nipple look okay? Wedge shaped after feeding? red? White? Spots? Shiny?

Does it happen if you feed in a different position?

It's really hard to explain the pain itself. It makes me twitch every time she sucks, I guess its almost like a stabbing pain! The nipple looks okay but is sore to touch but only on the nipple itself. I have tried various different ways of latching her on but it is always the same outcome regardless, I really don't want to end up quitting as I have come so far and been through so much to get to this point and had gotten to a point where the feeding was lovely but now I feel like i'm back at square one again!

It's almost feeding time and it's that breasts turn, really not looking forward to it!!!

I get a stabbing pain in mine as soon as he latches on then it goes off as the feed carries on - I think it is cos he sucks so hard at first! I also get throbbing sometimes, I think maybe it is just your boobs getting used to the whole bf process - how old is your lo now hun?

She is nearly 4 weeks old now and I think I may have discovered why it's hurting for the whole feed on that side... I have a little bruise on the tip of the nipple so that would explain the pain every time she sucks!

:hugs: Hope it eases up soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"